VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:17:00 07/18/06 Tue
Author: darlene
Subject: forward

i have an 8 year old friesian, i've had him since he was 31/2 i love him dearly. we are currently doing first level but not without a fight. This horse has incredible gaits, perfect confirmation and can really do alot when he puts his mind to it. Our problem is that i continue to go backward because he lacks forward motion, i use spurs, a whip sometimes 2, i've had him in full training and sometimes not, my trainer can get him to do beautiful things but again not w/o a fight. i'm tired of beating him forward because thats how i've been taught. I watch my friends with young frieisans pass me by in the levels because i continue to have to go back to the pyramid. My trainer wants to put him in the double bridle (which does help) and ride him more. The problem though is he needs to do it for me not her, i know i can put him in full training and he'll do great with her but thats not what i really want to do. I feel like i'm in a dilema. Do you have any input on this, right now i could just cry, we have done so well together and then out of no where he falls on his face and refuses all my aids again. I'm at a loss and i get really frustrated. We had 2 weeks where he was so good, i go to sign up for a show and he starts this crap all over again. I know i can never do anything unless this horse goes in front of my leg freely. Do you have any input?
thank you

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.