VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:22:28 07/27/06 Thu
Author: Kelsey
Subject: Manes
In reply to: Megan 's message, "OK to stay natural?" on 05:22:02 07/27/06 Thu

Most of the people I know leave the mane natural, unless it has gotten so long that it gets in the way. For instance, the mane often gets long enough that when the horse drops his/her head to eat, they end up chewing on the end of their mane or forelock because it is in the way, so in that case the owner just braids the forelock, and braids back just the first chunk of mane behind the poll and leaves the rest natural.

Anton himself is another matter! His mane is so huge they have to split it and braid it on either side to keep his crest from falling from the weight of it. I think his is braided pretty much all the time except when he's out in public, showing off.

One thing I will say, if the mane is thin,and you decide to leave it natural (which personally, I would reccomend for the bugs) it might be better if you don't brush it all that often, and when you do, be liberal with the detangler before hand. Alot of people don't use a brush at all, and just pick with their fingers to undo knots, etc.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.