VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:45:10 07/30/06 Sun
Author: Kelsey
Subject: Umm..
In reply to: kyla 's message, "HELP! Can ster predicate be taken away??" on 14:09:01 07/30/06 Sun

Why are you taking her for repeat if she is already a 1st premie Star mare? They can't give her anything better than that unless you are trying for Model. Repeat for star is only for Studbook horses trying again for a 1st or 2nd premie Star. And repeat for premie is really only for 2nd premie Star mares going for 1st. Both are notoriously hard to do in anycase.

As for the snatching away of the Star predicate rumor.. I've never really been able to pin down the answer. We were in a similar boat a few years ago, when my friend took her 2nd premie mare to try for 1st. (She stayed 2nd). I heard both that yes, they can take it away, and no, that they can't.. but in either case, I've never heard of an actual case of it happening. I think that if it is true, the judges try to be pretty consistent, and would be unlikely to take away a Star rating unless the horse showed a pretty drastic change.

I will, however, consult the vast Friesian-L community, to see if anyone else has ever heard of it happening.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.