VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:59:02 07/31/06 Mon
Author: Kelsey
Subject: Here we go..
In reply to: kyla 's message, "hmmm" on 16:21:31 07/30/06 Sun

Okay.. -everyone- said that NO Star cannot be taken away. BUT a horse can be downgraded to 2nd. (full explanation down further)

Apparently some owners do take their horses back every year to recieve a premie, even if they are first. I had heard of this for stallions, but not for mares..but I guess it serves the same purpose of giving them a higher standing. Personally, I don't think I'd risk it, but I can see how it would be beneficial for large breeders. However.. I -do- think you should try her for Model if you think she can get it. In my humble opinion, the model predicate is not as hard to get as you might suppose. Few people actually try for it, which I think is part of the reason you don't see many of them, and from what I saw of the performance test at the Extravaganza in '04..it is not that difficult. If you have a nice 1st premie star mare who is fit, I think it is worth trying.

Here is the most explanatory post on the topic:

Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 05:52:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [Friesian-L] Can Ster be taken away?
To: Friesian-L@ondercin.com

Ster can not be taken away, however most Friesian owners don't realize that there is a horse report for their horse. I would never-ever buy a Friesian without looking at the horse report. I always ask someone from the KFPS for the report. It is a blue print of EVERYTHING the horse has ever done with the KFPS/FHANA, dates, rating, score.
I had one ran on Liske's mother. It said deceased, and has a spot for reason and it said unknown. This is WAY MORE Important than seeing the rating on the paper!!!!!!

So, say someone had a 1st Premium Ster Mare and they wanted to take the mare back to get a consecutive 1st premie and they the inspectors downgraded her to second premie.
The 1st Premie won't go away, it will always be there on the papers, but the 2nd Premie will be on the horse report right after the 1st Premie. It shows that the first inspectors saw her as a 1st Premie, but she matured a bit and the second set of judges said Nope., we don't think so, this is not a 1st Premie.

Some may say why take them back at all?. Well it adds weight to the papers, just like with the Stallions. I live a stallion that is a consistant 1st Premie. I would do the same for the girls. It's a risk on your horse report, but if the owner is confident.
My girl will Keur everyear also whether she is a studbook mare or 1st Premie Ster.

Anyway, this subject had posted before and I gave up trying to explain it, it seems no one undestood what I was trying to say by downgrading, so I just never replied and dropped it LOL

Have a great day

Darcy

-----

It was also mentioned later that you can get horse reports through FHANA as well as the FPS.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.