VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:55:59 07/31/06 Mon
Author: Kelsey
Subject: Stifles and photos..
In reply to: Megan 's message, "locking stifles" on 07:49:30 07/31/06 Mon

Yes, Friesian quite frequently have trouble with their stifles. For some it only occurs occasionally and really isn't even very noticable to owners, others have severe chronic problems. Does he only do this in the cross-ties?
You should probably get a friend to help you and have one of you trot him, riding or in hand, and really study his back legs to see if either one tends to collapse or hitch. Try doing some tight turns in both directions if in hand, or do some steady smallish circles for a while at the trot under saddle..that sometimes brings it out.

If it doesn't occur at all except in the cross ties there may be nothing to worry about, but it is definately something to keep an eye on. If he gets 'stuck' (unable to bend his hind leg), at any time, usually you can help unhitch it by backing him one or two steps, then walking forward. The backward movement usually frees it up. From what I have seen of horses with locking stifles, it doesn't usually seem to cause them pain unless it is very chronic, in which case it is probably a bit sore from continuing to stick and snap so violently, but with the more usual cases, I think they find it more annoying and disconcerting than anything else.

Photos:
First, you have to upload them somewhere. Usually you do that by getting a free photo album account (I reccomend Photobucket.com) and uploading your photos there. Once they are uploaded, photobucket provides a link that you just copy and paste into the place you want to post your photo.

It ends up looking something like this:
http://www.photostorageaddress/youralbum/yourphoto.jpg " >

I suggest that if you want to post photos frequently. Otherwise, if it sounds like too much trouble, you can e-mail the photos and I'll stick them up for you. (You should send me your photos anyway, so I can put them on the main page with the others!)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.