VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:58:27 08/03/06 Thu
Author: Kelsey
Subject: IBOP
In reply to: kyla mckinney 's message, "thanks" on 05:38:26 08/03/06 Thu

As far as I know, the mare really just needs to be 1st premie, and I don't know that there are enough Model mares to have a set eligibility area on the linear score sheets, other than, the higher the better. (Just remember.. 9's are very good.)
My friends are considering taking one of their mares for Model next year (*my* Anke - Anton 343 x Jillis 301). She went 1st premie star, Reserve Champ after one of their other mares.
Her linear scores are:
Breed typical: 8
Exterior build: 8
Quality of legs: 7
Walk: 7.5
Trot: 8
(added up: 38.5)

However, she had been in training for that entire year, and she's been out at pasture with a baby this last year, and she tends toward being stiff, so I think she'll really need to get back into shape once the foal is weaned, in order to be a possibility for next year.

Their other mare, Bente (Anton 343 x Leffert 306), was Champion 1e Star, and would probably make Model at the drop of a hat, even without an extensive training schedule beforehand. Unfortunately, she's a bit petite and barely squeaked by getting the height requirement for Ster, so on those grounds, she wouln't make Model (unless they decided to overlook it..) ;oD.
Her scores are:
Breed typical: 7
Exterior build: 8
Quality of legs: 7
Walk: 7.5
Trot: 9 (!)

(added up it is the same as Anke: 38.5)

I don't know if that helps or not.. to give you an idea, but Anke will most probably be going for Model, if not next year, within the next few years. We'll just have to see if she gets it.

Anyway, back to the risk factor:

We were talking about this before.. you can take the IBOP test before even applying for model (any horse can take it), which might take away some of the risk. If she doesn't make it, then you know you might as well not try for model. But if she does, it indicates it might be worth it.

The test can be either riding, driving or show driving..and is done by the horse's owner/trainer. According to The Friesian (Performance testing: IBOP Fall 2002, by Hermein Wierdsma), the riding test is done like a dressage test. They have to show the 3 gaits, transitions, straight lines, circles and serpentines, and they are judged on the walk, trot, canter, self-carriage, flextion/suppleness, transitions and suitablility to ride. Scored 1-10 with all marks being multiplied x2 except for suitablility to ride.
In the NL they do the test twice over a week or so, then average the score. To be eligible for model, they have to get at least a 77 (Grade B). (top grade is AA which is 88+) I'm not sure how they score in the US, as obviously it has to be done in one session.

I'm not sure how you set one up, but I can ask around.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.