VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:35:31 08/09/06 Wed
Author: Kelsey
Subject: Age
In reply to: kyla mckinney 's message, "thanks" on 13:06:17 08/09/06 Wed

Yes, to become full model in North America, they must be seven and have a live foal on the ground. Although a year or so ago I heard talk about lowering the age (I think to 6 under certain circumstances), as in the Netherlands they are allowed to be finalized as Model at a younger age (I believe 4). I haven't heard much follow-up on it, though there is some pressure to have it equalized so American and NL mares are on same footing. But the IBOP can be taken at any age over four.

However, the problem will be arranging the IBOP test itself, as the Dutch judges need to oversee it. I would assume if there happened to be a mare going for Model at your local keur you could somehow arrange to have them judge another test, but I don't know what the procedure would be for having them judge a non-prov. model horse. You would have to put the request in beforehand in order for them to make the time for it.. I'll see what I can find out.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.