VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:34:29 09/01/06 Fri
Author: Muriel
Subject: Bare Feet
In reply to: Andrea 's message, "barefeet?" on 16:09:37 09/01/06 Fri

I've not had an easy time getting back shoes on my 3 yo gelding (long story, sedation and shoer scheduling, change in shoers) and what a disaster that has been for his back hooves! I hardly worked him (work in hand only, no lungeing or riding while he was awaiting shoes) but being young and a bit wild, he would tear up his feet each night when in pasture.

When I finally got the shoes on, the shoer said there was very little to attach to and they might not last more than 6 weeks, but after 4 weeks one came off and the same problem again... he wore and broke the edges of his hoof down to nothing. I now have that shoe back on, but don't think his feet will look great for the keuring. He is on soft dirt during the night, stalled during the day, and worked in a great footed sand arena... I have just put him on the Horseshoer's formula to see if it makes a difference.

Anyway, at this point, I could not imagine him being barefoot at all. I hope your horse has stronger hooves than mine! Muriel

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.