VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:52:18 09/07/06 Thu
Author: Jenny
Subject: Manes before the keur
In reply to: shana 's message, "mane issue before keuring - what do I do?" on 11:26:58 08/31/06 Thu

>My 3 yo mare just succeeded in rubbing out most of her
>already sub-standard mane. Anyone have to go to a
>keuring like this? Any ideas on making this look more
>full?
>Thanks!!
>
>Shana
Hi Shana;
I'm actually the person Kelsey referred to in her e-mail about the mane. We had a beautiful 3 y.o. mare who we roached her mane since she had so little left. She had a drop dead gorgeous neck and head. LOL. Needless to say she went 1st premie ster and champion of the keur. When my assistant asked the judges if they'd every judged a horse without a mane, their response was "It's not the mane that makes the horse."

I also had a mare that rubbed her mane last year. She had rubbed it out about a month or so beforehand. Just enough so when we went to keur the new hairs were standing right up straight. She didn't rub it so bad that I clipped it but instead I used the QH method of banding. I did the bands way up high {very thin amounts of hair} with black rubber bands. Then I fluffed the remaining hair up to fill in the blank areas. Worked great.

Good luck!

Jenny

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.