VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:14:48 09/10/06 Sun
Author: Megan
Subject: barefoot is better
In reply to: Andrea 's message, "barefeet?" on 16:09:37 09/01/06 Fri

Hello,
My guy came from Holland just this past July. His hooves were brealing up pretty bad as well. The farrier didnt want to put shoes on him because he didnt think that Joep had enough hoof for it yet. I started doing some reaserch and found that going barefoot is better if you can get away with it. My guy is on pretty good pasture all day and night but I like to trail ride and there are lots of rocks and such so barefoot on trail rides would not be so good. I found a pretty good solution though.
I invested in a pair of BOA BOOTS. I cant say enough about them!! I love them. My guy is barefoot when out in the pastures and when ever I ride him, I slip the boots on and we are set. They look like sneakers for horses. I have not yet had any problems with them. They stay on even when crossing water and doing a little running. They also cover the entire hoof so there is no chance of stone bruises ect. Thats about it though. Has any one else tried boots?
Megan

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.