VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:10:34 09/26/06 Tue
Author: Leslie Berro, L.M.B.T.
Subject: Shapley's M-T-G
In reply to: Megan 's message, "shapleys MTG" on 06:25:57 09/19/06 Tue

When I got my boy Gunnar (of Honor Bright), I spend lots of $$$ on hair care/shampoo/coat products because of ALL THAT HAIR!!! Really I was trying to find what would work best for him. In general, I have found the Eqyss products to work best for us. They clean thoroughly but do not strip the hair shaft of nutrients and the aroma is wonderful-even my husband noticed! ;-) I use their MicroTek Medicated Shampoo and Mega-Tek (Coat/Mane/Hoof) Rebuilder (as a leave-in conditioner) and Survivor and/or Avocado Mist for detangling. The mane and tail STAY detangled, which is great because my hands really tire quickly from sorting out that 20 lb. tail!

That being said, somewhere along the line, a tick found its way onto the base of Gunnar's mane and created a bit of havoc. He began to scratch his mane and the tick dug in, leaving a sore. The Shapley's M-T-G was fabulous in getting it to heal properly and soothe his crest area, eliminating his desire to scratch. They tell me it was created by an old QH cowboy. I've used it on his tail dock as well as a preventative against itchiness. It's odor is also a disincentive to insects. Had to use it only 3X but would not hesitate to return to it should I see him rubbing his mane or tail. The sparse mane area is growing back nicely now. That and the Eqyss Mega-Tek Rebuilder should keep your horse's mane growing and flowing!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.