VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:25:59 09/26/06 Tue
Author: Andrea
Subject: thanks
In reply to: Leslie Berro, L.M.B.T. 's message, "EPM" on 12:24:31 09/26/06 Tue

Hi Leslie,

thanks for your support - I have to say I was bummed to see no postings to my subject....
Anyhow, yes, D.C. is feeling better after getting a second opinion. First Vet thought him having Lyme and put him on 100 tabs doxy a day, but to no avail. One day D.C. felt better (after lunging him for about 30 mins.) next day back to worse again. Lifeless, no energy, head hanging standing in the aisle, hind legs very stiff, hind feet very close together (looking back I already felt a few months ago that something is not right and even asked the farrier whether having his hind feet so close together was normal and his response was YES?!?!?!)ect. So I had this well praised Vet come in on Saturday for a second opinion and he - after examing my horse thoroughly - diagnosed him with a muscle degenerative disease (almost like EPM, but must be fairly new) and prescribed him, like you indicated, Marquis. He said that some horses might not show anything in their blood therefore we did not do a blood or spinal test. This disease does not exist in Europe and D.C. definitely must have contracted it at my old barn (I am so mad, because the Vet indicated the cause of this overpopulation of birds, barn swallows ect. and we had tons of them and they hatch youngsters 2 in the summer!!!) - I switched barns one month ago and that (thank God) triggered everything. Falling down once in the pasture and once in the stall where when he got back up he must have been beside himself and totally scared and startled (that what the other boarders told me, having seen everything).
I lunged him today and he seemed better, more alert overall.
He will be on the Marquis for 28 days. I really hope and keep my fingers crossed that Camillo will get back to his old self quickly!
Andrea

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.