VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:57:44 11/27/06 Mon
Author: Kelsey
Subject: Welcome
In reply to: Donna 's message, "Frisian chat rooms?? forums??" on 01:35:20 11/27/06 Mon

Welcome back Donna! The website has certainly become much more active within the last year, so I hope you stick around!

I would recommend, if you are looking for more Friesian communities, to check out the Friesian Yahoo group, and the Friesian-List. Both are e-mail lists which deliver to your mailbox..there are a huge number of Friesian owners, breeders, scholars and fans on these two groups..which means you get a ton of e-mail (I suggest setting your account to digest on both of them) but there are some great resources there.

You can subscribe to Friesian-L by going to: http://ondercin.com/mailman/listinfo/friesian-l

And you can sign up for Friesian Yahoo Groups (you do need to make a free yahoo account for this one) by going to: http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Friesians/

Both are -very- active. Some days it is not unusual to get hundreds of messages. (again.. it is much more manageable on Digest mode..but it can still be overwhelming)

Personally I can only take so much of them. I am subscribed to each, but I have to go on breaks occasionally and turn off the mail delivery, because the volume is just so huge, and I rarely have time to read it all. So just keep that in mind. It's a great resource and there are great people on there to build connections with...but can be a headache to deal with as well.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.