VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Friday, August 26, 08:52:31am
Author: 'Tricia Rosendale
Subject: School has begun (is beginning soon in NJ) and we all know what THAT means!

Yes! I know how excited we all are for the start of school, but even more than that momentous occasion - it means IAANWJ FEIS (affectionately known as the "Augusta Feis") is right around the corner!!

(Bells! Whistles! Noisemakers!) How exciting is this? As we've done for the past number of years, we will be setting up Camp OGQ/LOQC at the Augusta Fairgrounds. I know many are also going down to the Hooley Feis on the Saturday, so coming up to Augusta knowing there will be doughnuts, bagels, and coffee when you get there will ease you into the day (I know it will for me - doing the drive to Hooley, too! ;) )

We will set up the super-size hoagies (subs/grinders/whatever your term) and salads for lunch as before and hope that families can help pitch in with some of the other items like water, juice boxes, snacks, and the like. I hope to have a Sign-up Genius set up (thanks, Maureen! :D) by next week and will post that it is up and running - families can check to see what could be used.

This is such a great feis to attend, even with the rest of the family. There will be a full Mass in the morning, there are pipe bands, all sorts of vendors (not just dance), a beer garden, real bathrooms, and lots of covered areas. All the walkways are paved, too (well, except from the parking areas, and that sadly, can be a long walk).

Entries are still open through September 4 through FeisWeb- and not only is a fun feis for family, it's a great one for our OGQ/LOQC dancers! There's always plenty of room to watch your dancer, they have raised, sprung stages, and their awards are always very nice. The volunteers have done this feis for years and it shows in it's timeliness and efficiency. It is one of the longest, continually running feis in the region. If you haven't entered your dancer, there's still time!

If you have any suggestions or ideas, please let me know - I will post an update on things next week.

Here's to a great school year for all our students and to a great autumn of feising for all our dancers.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.