VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:22:39 07/26/06 Wed
Author: BK
Subject: Some Observations

Some things which was done at Miss Universe meant to become a disadvantage to beautiful queens of these various nations.

Philippines--- Lia was stunning and she was the stand out at Miss Philippines. Upon her training in Colombia,she was made tanned and had wavy hair and such. It was exotic.However at the Miss Universe, the make up they used on her simply doesn't stay put and bring her face out, instead,she was bland and looked tired. I personally like Lia and always thought she has the natural charisma and persona to be a top contender. It's a pity.

Colombia and Mexico --- Likewise,these two ladies are stunning and crowd favourites. They should or were assumed to be the top 5 ladies up there however,looked at their grooming? I love them both too. I just felt sad to see Colombia's hair in a bad curly manner that she wasn't comfortable and Mexico's looking like a Pomeranian dog.I think both with simple straight hair would be so elegant and naturally stunning unlike the fake winner.
It's a sad sad thing for these two hot countries.

I can also see after 10 over times of re-watching the tape that many delegates weren't so happy that the same old country won.On the other hand, it was refreshing to see a new lot of girls entering.

Switzerland,Japan,Paraguay were a breather...

Japan in my opinion should have won. To promote modern oriental beauty with a down to earth personality. I think she tried her best to be herself and she's the best. Paraguay was much more natural and beautiful to look at than Puerto Rico. She's tall and has the supermodel calibre.Switzerland has this clean,decent,girl next door look that you just feel good sitting by her side.

Let downs---Countries like Denmark,Hungry,Ethiopia shouldn't be in the list. Give a chance to Philippines,Sri Lanka or even Indonesia...where were they?!!?

This year's pageant the stage is dull and cramp and it's been a bad one....glad that I've a Japan to keep my going on the show. I'm proud of you Kurara Chibana. Whichever Asian countries making it this far, I salute to you. The last one was my favourite Miriam from Philippines.

God Bless you all....we must unite.

BK

www.voy.com/193829/

Share your thoughts....

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.