[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:04:11 04/01/07 Sun
Subject: Okay, so it looks like there's solid interest in doing this project again.
I've had several people send in ideas for ficathons. Some of these came to me quite a while ago, others have just arrived. Here are four suggestions.
1)The "Marry me" ficathon - Rewrite the proposal at the end of FWFS
2)The "Conversations" ficathon, set post FWFS. Prompts are questions Harm and Mac ask each other about things said or done in the past.
3)The "Fortune Cookie" ficathon, in which all of the prompts are from fortune cookies (yes, you'd need to actually open fortune cookies for this one ).
4)The "What If" Ficathon, in which each prompt starts with the phrase, "What if..."
So...thoughts? Comments? Opinions?
Last edited by author: Sun April 01, 2007 11:32:09
Edited 1 time.
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
- i'd would love to read fanfictions about the second idea!also the third and the fourth are great ones.i personally don't like the first becouse the way we saw it on the screen is so perfect... (NT) -- dea, 12:15:32 04/01/07 Sun
- Some of these suggestions are really broad, and some of them are more specific. I'll participate either way, but I rather like it when we just have a free for all, and no particular theme. If we have to go with a theme I'd prefer something broader like song titles, or song lyrics. There are millions of possibilities there. (NT) -- Theresa, 14:26:02 04/01/07 Sun
- I like the last two. As for #1, I agree with dea that I'm leery of rewriting the FWAFS proposal, because it was perfect for that particular setting. And as for #2, I have seen that done a lot already, and sometimes fics that rehash events from the past end up being difficult to plod through. JMHO. Theresa's idea is good too. (NT) -- JAG Junkie (Ronda), 15:51:55 04/01/07 Sun
- I'd be happy with any of these, but I'll admit that I'm the opposite of Theresa, above. I find that I need a specific "assignment," almost as if I were still in school. Whatever way it ends up, I'm looking forward to it. (NT) -- Deemus, 16:05:30 04/01/07 Sun
- Of the ideas given, I'd prefer nr. 4 most; nr. 3 would work for me as well (provided someone cracks open a cookie for me as I won't be able to get my hands on a fortune cookie with English lines, lol). I think those two leave a wider scope of themes, allowing for romance, angst, post series finale stories of H&M (with a family), or stories set at random points of the show etc. - more variety wrt the stories written. (NT) -- Colie, 16:27:13 04/01/07 Sun
- The things I have come up with already makes fortune cookies a good choice. However What if? poses all types of possibilities as we saw at Christmas with what if Harm had the car accident insead of Mac. (NT) -- usmgrad, 18:02:50 04/01/07 Sun
- # 3 is my first choice; # 4 is my second. I think that just about any prompt can be changed to a "what if" format! If # 3 is adopted, I'll volunteer to open extra fortune cookies for those who don't have access to them or can't stand chinese food etc. Mac and Harm got chinese take out at some important moments - that's one reason I like the idea. Also, most fortune cookie fortunes are quite general (the wording of them). Most seem to have "lucky numbers" on one side; some poeple use the #s to play the lottery! (NT) -- Janlaw, 23:43:04 04/01/07 Sun
- My choice--"What If" -- highplainswoman, 07:53:19 04/02/07 Mon
- I'm not sure a theme is necessary, but of the choices given, I'd prefer What If and Fortune Cookie. I'm leery of the proposal and question options. (NT) -- TK, 09:10:59 04/02/07 Mon
- I personally like the last two, but any of the four would be most interesting. (NT) -- KatrinaD, 19:37:36 04/02/07 Mon
- Personally, I like 1,2 & 4 the best, with 3 being the least. But 1 and/or 2 are my picks. (NT) -- bama, 00:04:16 04/03/07 Tue
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
Forum timezone: GMT-5|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.