VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:01:06 04/02/17 Sun
Author: D C T - friendly poultry orthopedist
Subject: Re: 3 week old chick with twisted leg
In reply to: JS 's message, "3 week old chick with twisted leg" on 20:55:54 04/01/17 Sat

This appears to be twisted tibia. I do wish that you had contacted me as soon as the chick hatched but there may be hope for treatment by my "night taping" method which was first used on a two week old peachick named Firestone. She was given just five nights of this treatment and was completely cured.
I cut a small piece of thin sponge to wrap around one hock joint. Padding one hock joint will protect both hocks from rubbing together so it does not matter which hock is padded. Then I brought the lower legs firmly together and taped them
from hock to ankle. In the morning I removed the tape and padding. Forgot to mention that the padding was taped in place before taping legs.
REMOVE ALL WATER DURING TAPING TO PREVENT DROWNING
I assume that this chick is in a brooder and not under a mother hen since a hen might step on a taped chick.
If you have questions just ask.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.