VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:23:21 04/02/17 Sun
Author: D C T - friendly poultry orthopedist
Subject: Re: chick can't walk or stand
In reply to: NG 's message, "Re: chick can't walk or stand" on 12:58:22 04/02/17 Sun

I believe that the right tibia is twisted causing lower leg to point outward. It is interesting that another chick with twisted tibia was just posted on this forum before yours but am glad that yours is younger since this can make a difference in the outcome of the treatment. But I have hope even for the first one. My "night taping" method started when I had a two week old peachick that suddenly developed twisted tibia after having treatments for other orthopedic problems. Five nights
of this treatment were all that she needed before growing into a healthy peahen. I cut a small piece of sponge to tape to hock joint to prevent rubbing and bruising. Then I brought lower legs together and taped then from hock down to ankle. I removed tape and sponge in morning so she could eat and drink in daytime. The action of leg muscles pulling against the tape is what powered the treatment but the result did seem like a miracle.
REMOVE ALL WATER DURING NIGHT TREATMENT TO PREVENT DROWNING.
If you have questions just ask

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.