VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Sunday, January 23, 12:37:34amLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Monday, August 14, 11:45:29am
Author: Jim
Author Host/IP: vitaminc4.co.orange.ca.us / 206.194.127.112
Subject: SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know SH*T or get off the pot!!!
In reply to: jaimi 's message, "Re: Some things change, some things never change!" on Friday, August 11, 08:38:52pm

LOL.......I just never realized the amount of time it takes to put a house together.....coming from a one bedroom condo so damn small you could sneeze and end up falling out the slider into the next complex :)

Actually I just haven't had enough time to really sit down and throw some comments out here and there....or ANY of the boards that I watch....which sucks big time....but rest assured I am still here and still reading...

Here's what I have going on so far on my little 'Patch of Heaven' way out west....
1/2 acre of land that is as dry as you can imagine...hmmm water anyone...
2 goats, Nubian....SO fun, great personalities on these two
too many chickens to count and am producing a bunch of little half-breeds since I still don't have my separate pens up
3 greyhounds now....yep got a third....a female, she is SO awesome....she was actually returned by the family that adopted her last October....and I don't get it, I just cannot see why....but who cares, she's mine now...
a couple Turkeys
two dozen guineas that are just about to be released into the 'wild' so they can free range and start eating all the damn bugs!!

OH and Flies....yes flies...seems to be the state bird of Norco! :)

Got some roses growing, a lemon tree and an orange tree, an avocado....some peppers and HOARDS of plumeria....Cindy should know something about that ;) LOL

So anyway here I am....and yes there are still buttons....they just all got released from their totes, remember tote city in my condo??? Well the toes are all empty and everyone is living the high life out in the aviaries with the doves and finches. And of course....no sooner do I do that and the egg production starts kicking in, so this should end up being a nightmare soon enough.

Other than that, it's just been about ripping carpet out of the house to expose the original hardwood floors that the house was built with. Some painting and slight face lifting the bathrooms.....master bath was a complete re-do...no joke...gutted to 4 walls, and is almost done....my dad's been helping me with it and it's going to end up being WAY great. Better than this house has ever had actually.....nothing too fancy, just all fresh and new.
I have a new thing I got into recently.....putting together sets of vintage/antique glassware. That's been a hoot....I managed to run across some pieces that actually have an antique value in the hundreds....I paid a couple bucks....LOVE IT!
And for my NEWEST endeavor....trying to combine my IT background with some creativity.....bought myself one of those super fancy dancy (I Love Lucy, handy dandy, blah blah blah) sewing machines that does embriodery and is all computerized.....where the computer background comes in is with this $2000 software I bought that can convert pictures and images into embriodery patterns that the machine can then stitch out onto clothes, or whatever.
NOW....I haven't started my classes on it yet which means the machine is all put together and hasn't sewn a damn thign!!! It is SO more complicated than I thought and this software......well I did get one Greyhound logo into design format.....so that will be my test, but AFTER the 4 classes on the machine and it's functions....THEN I do the 3 part class on the software and hope my creativity can take over and go from there. I don't know, I have my doubts.....but we shall see....maybe soon 'Button Quail Tablecloths and Napkins Sets' HAHAHAHAHA

Hope that's a good catch up and we can get the ball rolling around here a little bit.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.