VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 01:56:36 03/19/10 Fri
Author: Chuck_Glisson
Subject: EMail to Senator Al Frankin concerning John McShame's S.3081
In reply to: Chuck_Glisson 's message, "EMail to my Senator concerning John McShame's S.3081" on 01:37:58 03/18/10 Thu

Senator Al Frankin,

I am actually a Washington State Resident, but when I brought this issue up to my Senator [Patty Murray], she informed me that there was little she could do about this bill because it was in the Judicial committee.

I therefore am bringing my concerns to you as this bill if passed would effect ALL American citizens Worldwide.

I am writing to express my disgust with a Bill sponsored by Senator John McShame, and his personal A$$clown Senator Joe LIEberman.

S.3081; The Enemy Belligerent Interrogation, Detention, and Prosecution Act of 2010.

More detail on the bill can be found at;

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-s3081/text

As far as I can understand, this bill would give the government the right to arrest and detain for an UNLIMITED period of time ANY AMERICAN ACCUSED of a terrorist activity WITHOUT REQUIRING A WARRANT for JUST CAUSE, and TOTALLY DENYING the person being detained the right to COUNSEL or TRIAL!!!

It appears that Hearsay or Rumor would be sufficient cause under this bill for a detention[I can't even use the word "arrest" here, as the term "arrest" would imply an apprehension under REAL rules and rights], and you could be held "In Limbo" FOREVER!

So this would mean that what the Bush Administration did to the prisoners in Guantanamo Bay, would be "Legal" for our government to do to American citizens TOO!

I as a 20 year retired Navy Veteran am ASHAMED to call John McCain a fellow veteran.

I don't care what he went through in HIS tour in the Navy, I served served MY country to preserve the VERY RIGHTS that John McCain is trying to take away from EVERY AMERICAN!

Let me ASSURE YOU, I as a retired Navy Veteran WILL be communicating MY DISGUST with John McCain, TO John McCain in a most DIRECT AND BLUNT MANNER, and I ASSURE you, he WILL NOT like it. But I as a REAL SAILOR have EVERY RIGHT to tell this ROGUE what I think of him!

Not only must this DISGUSTING BILL be defeated, but I think John McCain should be FORMALLY DENOUNCED IN THE SENATE for EVER bringing up such an EVIL bill in the first place!

Thank you for your time,

Chuck

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.