VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:07:18 09/11/07 Tue
Author: Chuck_Glisson ()
Subject: Dave Mustaine suffering from "Foot in Mouth" Disease

I saw the band "MEGADETH"
on Sunday the 9th of September 2007
@
"The Roseland Theater" in Portland(OREGON NOT MAINE!)

I've seen (2) other shows there previously,
"ROBIN TROWER", and "THE MELVINS".
ROBIN TROWER was fantastic, the sound superb, and this was the 2nd time seeing them, the 1st time being in 1976 in Germany with openers THIN LIZZY(You can commence bowing now!)
Although I have seen THE MELVINS (4) times previously,(twice @ The Showbox in Seattle, and two more times @ Brick by Brick & The Casbah San Diego, ALL times sounding crisp with that "TEN FOOT WALL OF GUITAR" sound, the night they played at The Roseland it was one vague muddy mess.

Unfortunately that same soundman MUST have been on duty AGAIN this night because it was "THE RETURN OF THE WALL OF MUD!"
Such was not the story the previous year when I saw MEGADETH with ANTHRAX at "The White River Amphetheater" in Auburn, when BOTH bands sounded excellent.

Another difference was the crowd, at the White River they were true hard rockers, at The Roseland there were too many total asshole slam dancing IDIOTS, clashes occured, the TRUE ROCKERS, managed to put up with the fools to the point that total chaos did not occur, but due to the shitty sound, and ruined "Atmosphere" by the aformentioned assholes in the audience, those who came FOR THE MUSIC had alot to bitch about.

Furthermore add to this; doors opening (2) hours late, and and the audio assault of (2) horrible warm-up bands(THE CONFESSION & IN THIS MOMENT) My wife and myself have decided that this will be the last MEGADISASTER attended by us!

Now about the new CD. By now I am sure you all know about the lip service Dave Mustaine is getting over his bashing of the United Nations in the title track on the new CD.
If you don't know, then do a Google search; "Dave Mustaine UN", be prepared to read!

Apparently Mr. Mustaine watched a story on FOX NEWS, and basically took the source as accurate, unfortunatly Dave didn t know at the time that FOX is nothing but a mouthpiece for the NEOCON RIGHT. (Maybe he STILL DOSEN' T KNOW IT!)

Even though this song was the title track for CD, served as the inspiration for the artwork on the CD's cover, AND as the title for the current tour, the song was NOT FEATURED during the show the night we saw them!

Gee,,,,,I WONDER WHY?

Last edited by author: Mon March 17, 2008 00:34:21   Edited 2 times.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.