GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Check out the STATISTICS Page -or- Return to the FORUM HOME Page

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2 ]

Start reading messages at the FORUM HOME PAGE by scrolling past the NCVC Logo

www.norcalvoyagers.org/
Forum for the Northern California Voyagers Club Membershp
Welcome to the NorCal Voyagers Club Forum.

Please help us focus this Message Forum on NorCal Voyager Club information, business, or general discussions.

Although this forum is not moderated per se (messages will be posted immediately), the moderator reserves the right to police any messages.

This forum was created for the members of the NorCal Voyagers Club, but anyone is welcome to participate...
Feel free to participate!
Please visit the NorCal Voyagers Web Page

Subject: California DMV Transfer

Author:
Kirk Ehnisz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:38:34 04/07/10 Wed

I have just purchased a 1996 Voyager. I am doing a minor restoration before I can do any type of riding.

The question is: The Certificate of Title has one digit incorrect for the Engine Serial Number It has and 8 (eight) instead of an A.

Would you just register as is? Or try to change - if trying to change, what hoops do I have to go thru?

The VIN number is correct - just the Engine # has the 8 for an A.

I all goes well, I should be riding in about 60 days - I am located in Sacto - so will be joining your organization sometime in May.
Replies:
Subject: Daffodil Hill Ride

Author:
Don Medina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:06:45 03/31/10 Wed

The Daffodil Hill Ride might be rained out; why because the farm has and earthen parking lot and it would be big trouble for Motorcycles. And it might be raining

Tony Curtis VP of the NorCal Voyagers will let me know Fri April 2, 2010 by 8pm and I'll post an update.

Don Medina
President
NorCal Voyagers
Replies:
Subject: STAINLESS STEEL BRAKE LINES

Author:
RAY WALLS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:51:07 12/31/09 Thu

Hello Voyager owners 1200 & 1300, We the Nor Cal Voyagers have been selling the SS braided brake lines for about 4 years now. Since they are no longer making these bikes, the demand for these lines are dwindeling. We are dropping our add in the AVA magazine, so therefore this will be the last year we will be offering these lines. For those of you that don't have them should give some serious consideration to purchasing a set for your Voyager. You can not beleive the difference in your stopping ability with them. You can check out our add here on the web site and the price is more then right. The dealers want somewhere in the neighbour hood of $350.00 for a set of them.
Cheers; Uncle Ray.
Replies:
Subject: NorCal Voyagers Club Meeting

Author:
Don Medina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:16:25 03/22/10 Mon

Ok, this coming Sat March 27, 2010 at 11am the club meet will start. Tire kicking starts at 10am.

Where: Manteca Ca.
Location: Perko's on the Northeast corner of Hwy 99 and Hwy 120.

We will have a after meeting ride to a coffee shop (Panama Reds) in Livermore. We will be taking back roads to Livermore.

The weather should be good with temps in the high 60s' to low 70s'.

Don Medina
President
NorCal Voyagers Club.
Subject: Getting Ready for Morro Bay Ride

Author:
Don Medina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:12:23 03/18/10 Thu

Weather forcast is warm for all three days, in the 70's. I have been washing and polishing both the Voyager and the Trike. Today I will grease the U-joint and slip yoke on the Trike. I replaced the shift linkage on the Voyager the other day. The old linkage had just a bit of slop, used anti-sez on the bushings. Riding season is here or just one day away. I'll meet Trisha after work tomorrow and we can ride down to Hollister togather.
Replies:
Subject: Daffodill Hill Info

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:25:11 03/09/10 Tue

Afternoon Folks,

I have Good news, Daffodill Hill will open for the 2010 season on March 13th. They open when the flowers are 25% in bloom & will Close for the season when only 25% are left.
That means that we may have to up our ride to the 2nd or 3rd of April instead of the 17th.... I will call the Farm to see when they expect to be closing for the season, then see if we want to change dates at the March 27th meeting...

Gail & I may make a preride run up there March 19th before our trip (if we have time) Anyone want to join us drop me a line or call to meet up. We'll be most likley take Hwy 50 to Placerville then head south on Hwy 49 to the turnoff...
I'll have things mapped out for the Club Ride at the meeting for those who will be comming up from the South & for us from Sacramento & the North.. Don't forget your Camera

Comeon SPRING

Have a GREAT DAY ALL

Ride Safe, & Remember ATGATT
Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
Replies:
Subject: Tech Day

Author:
Don Medina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:02:50 03/18/10 Thu

Lets set the Date for the Tech Day. Since April 17th opened up lets use that date. As for a place Jerry said he was willing to host the event, and he is in the center!

I have had no one contact me and there has been nothing posted here on the forum. Which means that if we set the date, then they will come.

We can talk about it at the Club Meeting. And I bet we will get 10 motorcycles signed up.
Subject: Don' t Forget DLST

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:59:27 03/13/10 Sat

Folks,

Don't forget that it's time to SPRING forward with the clocks tonight... (unless you are in AZ)

Have a Good Day All

Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
Subject: Flat Tire Repaired

Author:
Don Medina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:35:39 03/09/10 Tue

I went out to ride my Voyager yesterday and I had a flat rear tire. After airing it up I found and sheet metal screw in the middle of the tire. I used a screw driver to remove the screw and it way a long screw about 1 1/2 inch long. It went in and an angle, so I went into my saddle bag and got my plugs out. I now have long and short plugs, I used the long plug. It only took about 10 min to do the repair. This tire only has 4k on it so it is still new, so the next 20k I will have a pluged tire on the rear of my Voyager. This will be a good test on pluged tires and how long they will hold up to the demands of the motorcycle. I'll be pulling the trailer to New York later this summer and I will be doing that with this repaired tire.
Replies:
Subject: GOOD MORNING NCVC

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:06:58 02/28/10 Sun

Anybody out there, I know the weather has been......

I Still have no word on the opening of Daffodill Hill but as of last guesstimate of the Sutter Creek Chamber of Commerce they say possibly the second week of March. So as far as I can tell we're still on for the ride on April 17th...

Has anyone responded to Roger A. for the Morro Bay ride?
Sorry to say but Gail & I will not be making this one, I booked a 4 Day Cruise to Mexico for Gail's Birthday that weekend...
Looking forward to the next meeting and will bring another couple with us that are neighbors of ours. He has a 2003 wing & Timeout trailer. They are looking for a good group to ride with....
Basalt Campout will be our first of many camp outings of the year. (the Weather better hold ...........)
Common SPRING.....

Still looking for interest in a Tech Day, look for the previous post "TECH DAY" contact me by E-Mail or by Ph..

Have a GREAT DAY ALL

Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
Replies:
Subject: Tech Day?

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:00:40 02/15/10 Mon

OK Folks,

Justa thought, but what about a day to meet up & toss out bike problems and get some ??? answered. Could be a hands on tech day or just Q&A time depending on a area to work..

ANY Takers???

contact me by E-Mail or Ph

Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
Replies:
Subject: Good Morning NCVC

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:07:56 02/20/10 Sat

Good Morning Folks,

Woke up to that all to familliar sound on the roof this morning.... Rain, The weather guessers are off again. Last night the forecast for our area was for morning low of 37 light clouds & broken sunshine & a high of 52. as I look out the window its up to 40 & dark grey solid cloud cover.
I guess it could be worse, I could be looking at a covering of white and having to shoveling the driveway again...

Gotta do front brakes on Mariah today or tomorrow as well as some other maintenance items as long as the weather has gone south...

Have a weekend All,

Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
Replies:
Subject: Happy Sunny Day on the Coast

Author:
Don Medina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:18:20 02/17/10 Wed

The day was nothing but sunshine here on the northern CA coast. Every wed. I meet with a bunch of retires from the Honda M/C club. But today we went mtn bike riding after breakfast and the warm temps made the riding fun. Which means here on the coast spring is here but the cool weather will be here come June. Tony sorry that you still have to work. But when you get old you too can do this.
Replies:
Subject: Sactramento area Voyager XII owner

Author:
Jerry Zimmerman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 05:43:38 02/14/10 Sun

Hey Voyager XII owners in the Sacramento area, want to hook up for breakfast or lunch? Supposed to be beautiful weather for the next week or so.
I just picked up an 02 Voyager XII in San Diego and would like to have you ride it and listen to a rattle I have not been able to pin down. You pin it down and breakfast is on me.
come back at me with an email.

Jerry
Replies:
Subject: When Do You All...

Author:
Hank S.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:52:30 02/13/10 Sat

...Come out of hibernation around here?? Enquiring minds want to know!!! Take Care and HAVE A GREAT(ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz....Huh???) DAY!!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Ol'Faithful, & 'the Silver Bullet'
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed
Replies:
Subject: Hey, Tony!!

Author:
Hank Scally
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:05:17 02/11/10 Thu

Hey, Tony;
Need to talk to you about our get-together later this Spring. Please Email me at Praisebass51@Comcast.net.
I can't PM you because I cannot access the member roster (I'm not YET a member), and the 'PM' function does not work on my computer (computers fault, not yours.)Gentlemen, I have filled out an app, and will be mailing it as soon as I write the check. As a teenager, I 'grew up' in Chester, and loved the place. While I'd love to go back there, it's too pricey for me now (Real Estate speculation). Hope to get the app in soon. Everyone HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

Ride Safe & Sane;
Hank, Ol'Faithful, & 'the Silver Bullet'
'03 Voyager XII~Last of the Breed
Replies:
Subject: ride to San Diego

Author:
Jerry Zimmerman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:06:01 02/06/10 Sat

Hey group,
Anyone up for a ride to San Diego on Monday returning on Tuesday? I need to go down and pick up a Voyager XII. At this point I am thinking of renting a car, one-way, on Monday and riding the bike back on Tuesday. I do not think I can go down and back in one day so an overnight stay in a motel is currently on the agenda.
Come back at me with an email.

Jerry
Subject: Jan meeting wrapped up

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:24:41 01/31/10 Sun

Well Folks,

We had another great meeting yesterday. Started off with good food mixed with a smidgin of BS, followed up with the meeting led by our Pres Don. Previous minutes were read & approved, new business was talked, as was old business.
New members in attendance were introduced...
Welcome Jeff & Diane Komoto,& Jerry Jimmerman... and we also want to Welcome a couple of new members that are just a little too far to make this meeting, Rod & Cindy Westphal from Alamogordo NM.

Upcomming rides were discussed with the Morro Bay ride in March the first one of what's going to be the start of a Great year of rides & Campouts.

After the meeting some of us took the scenic route to the Modesto Kawasaki dealership to take a look, nice well stocked dealership, with very helpfull staff.. Mike the mgr was there to greet us & answered all of our questions... I can't wait till they get the new 2010 1700 Voyagers in.. (We want RED!!!)

Have a Great Day All

Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
Replies:
Subject: NCVC Club Meeting

Author:
Don Medina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:45:36 01/25/10 Mon

This coming Sat were are having our January 30, 2010 club meeting at the Perko's in Manteca CA. Perko's sits on the northeast corner of CA Hwy 120 and 99 Junction. The after meeting ride will be to the Kawasaki Dealer in Modesto. We will leave Manteca heading east to Oakdale then South to CA 33 then West into Modesto and the Dealership. I called the Dealership Jan. 16, 2010 so they will be expecting the NorCal Voyagers. After the I leave the dealership Trisha and I will be heading back to Livermore the back way and the CA 84 into the bay area.

Don Medina
President
NorCal Voyagers Club
Replies:
Subject: The Whole Enchilada

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:03:50 01/22/10 Fri

Well Folks,
We have had it all this week... Very little sunshine, Showers, Rain, DownPours, Lightning, Wind, 62mph Gusts, Hail, (did I mention HEAVY RAIN) and now to top it off SNOW.... its Thurs nite 11:30 and it's been coming down for 'bout 2 hours and almost an inch sitcking on the ground...So Much for GOREbal Warming...

Good thing tomorrow is my day off, Wood stove, cup of coffee, the recliner and latest RoadRunner magazine will fit the bill quite nicely tomorrow morning....While I watch the SNOW melt.

I hope everyone else has faired ok this last week with all of this wacky weather

COME ON SPRING........

Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
Replies:
Subject: Taking a look around

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:26:46 01/18/10 Mon

Well folks,

As Cabin fever sets in (for some) I've started to frequent other forums more often, some for the XII others for my KLR650..
Most of the time I've been just browsing the forums and not adding alot to'em, mainly just read and move on. Well I'm gonna start posting a little more on most of'em. It takes but a minute to just say Good Morning or Hi or to answer a question. By doing this it can open up our Two Wheeled world to new friends, roads & destinations to explore.

I would like to challenge you (anybody who reads this) to take a minute to look at and post on some of the other sites, if only just to say hi. I've already met some folks that I'd like to meet up with and see there part of the country...

This year looks to be a good one and I for one want to make the best of it by getting to know others that are both near & far... and hopefully share Time & Roads together..

What ya say Folks................

COME ON SPRING........

Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
Replies:
Subject: Chrome Head Bolts to Replace Trunk Rack Posts

Author:
Ron
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:27:00 01/16/10 Sat

Others may have done this, but I've only seen Don Medina's chrome bolts he uses to fill the holes in the top case after removing the luggage rack. Don, if you're reading this (or anyone who knows), do you remember where you got them & what size? Are they actually carriage bolts? Otherwise how do you tighten them?

Ron
Replies:
Subject: Break out the Waders Folks

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:32:42 01/14/10 Thu

Well Folks looks like Friday & Sat morning will be Dry, but better batten down the hatches late Sat thru next Thurs. suppose to be a frog strangler... Our Flood Alert Tech at work says we have two maybe three storm systems coming in. with totals up to 2" in the Sac Valley & 4-6" up here in the foothills... And Cooler Temps to boot...
So much for Gorebal Warming 8^}
(One good thing, at least this'll help fill the lakes)

Stay safe all & Remember ATGATT
Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
Replies:
Subject: 1200 Voyager Heat Sheilds

Author:
Don Medina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:52:08 01/11/10 Mon

Anyone out there in need of a stencil copy of the heat sheilds for there Voyager let me know and I'll send you a stenciled copys. They work and your Voyager will not over heat even in the Californa valley heat in traffic or while pulling a trailer.

Don Medina
President
NorCal Voyagers
Replies:
Subject: I LOVE This Bike!

Author:
Ron Aikins
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:41:14 01/11/10 Mon

This is not the 1st time I realized this. It's just that I hadn't ridden my '98 XII for any distance for awhile. So it was a pleasure to face about a 2 & 1/2 hr ride to the meeting in Manteca last Saturday. The temperature was a bit too low (until I get off the dime & finally rig up some electrical outlets for my heated gear), but what a pleasure in spite of that!

The Voyager is so easy to ride & powerful, I kept thinking, now, why I don't I do this more often? To keep up with the I-580 traffic I cranked it up to 80, set the cruise, & just sort of "floated" into Manteca. What a hoot!

I came back by my more usual route: south down the Valley & Pacheco Pass west. Just had to stop at Pea Soup Andersen's for a hot cup of the green stuff plus a cup of hot chocolate. That hit the spot except that I was tempted to pour one of them down my boots to thaw my toes!

Ron
Subject: Things are a changing

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:06:21 01/09/10 Sat

Hey ALL,

Today we had a really good Officers Meeting. We discused what the officers duties are and did some brainstorming on new ideas to improve & kick things up a notch...

We met quite a few in Santa FE and in prior rallys and we'd like to hear from ya, here Stateside or abroad... Don't be shy, takes just a few keystrokes to saw Hi..

So keep on checking back both here and on the NorCal Home web page... In a while I think your gonna like what you see....

Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
Replies:
Subject: Any body out there in 2010

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:29:38 01/03/10 Sun

Just seeing if there is anyone else that looks here 'cept Don, Ray & myself...

I would like to get this forum going again... & maybe spark some interest into changing some things to get things more active...

Please reply to this or start another thread to ask questions or comments... You can also go to the NorcalVoyager main page & get info to contact us directly

Thanks
Tony Curtis
V.P NorCalVoyagers
Replies:
Subject: TIS THE SEASON

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:58:01 12/25/09 Fri

TO ALL,
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR...

May all that we come in contact with have a Very Merry Christmas & may you also Enjoy a Safe, Healthy, Happy & Prosperous New Year...
Ride Safe & Remember ATGATT

Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif
V.P. NorCal Voyagers
PGR
Subject: NCVC Christmas Party and Meeting

Author:
Don Medina
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:28:05 10/30/09 Fri

Just letting everyone know that the club Christmas party is Sat December 12, 2009 at 1:00pm at the Moose Lodge in Fresno, Ca.

The Club meeting is Fri December 11, 2009 at the Piccadilly Inn Airport, in the Lounge at 8:00 pm

Hope to see you there

Don Medina
President
NorCal Voyages Club
Replies:
Subject: Site cleaned up

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:59:37 12/20/09 Sun

To either Jim T or Ron A,

THANK YOU for removing the spam messages here on the forum pages.
Hope we can keep the spam filtered out.

Tony Curtis
V.P. NCVC
Replies:
Subject: Embroidery (COJ217443)

Author:
asad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:21:33 12/23/09 Wed

Embroidered badges, polo shirts,
t-shirts, workwear, corporate apparel,
caps, jackets and much more......
(http://www.cyberonlinejobs.com/emb)
Subject: meet and ride my (new to me 97 voy) bike

Author:
Jerry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:11:08 12/01/09 Tue

I am looking for someone who is very familiar with the XII Voyager. I bought a 97 XII Voyager (my first ever Kawasaki) and would like to meet someone, I live near Sacramento, who has a similar bike to ride mine and give me their opinion of the way it sounds, rides shifts ETC. I have owned many bikes over the years and know each bike has its own set of noises and oddities. That is why I need a person familiar with the bike. We could meet go for a ride (I would buy your breakfast or lunch) and discuss the bike. The reason for this is because I want to take a couple of long (cross country) rides this summer and would like to know I have looked at and made all preparations I could make.
so send me an email and lets hook up for a ride.
zimnmerman@citlink.net

Thanks

Jerry
Replies:
Subject: Changing the Voyager Speedometer Ratio? / Why a Superbrace?

Author:
Bruce Kauffman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:40:37 02/10/09 Tue

Howdy Fellow Voyager Fans!

As a Kawasaki sport bike rider of over 30 years, I have just shocked my dear wife by adding a 1994 XII rig to the stable so she can join me in the fun of riding motorcycles and our membership to Norcal is in the mail! We live in Ben Lomond, California, which is only a few miles from the Santa Cruz beach.

Being somewhat of an anal retentive kind of guy, I keep my bikes in top form and am currently going "stem to stern" on my Voyager to get 'er ready for this summer. One thread I ran across on the web talks of the speedometer reading 5 mph too high which could be corrected by changing certain parts. Anyone done this mod and have some advice?

Second Question: Why is the Superbrace superior to the stock fork brace? I have long understood the concept of a fork brace from my experience with early sport bikes, yet from what little I can tell the Superbrace is very similar to the stock unit so I am hesitant to spend the Franklin+ for the new unit. Any before & after comments?

Are there any other suggestions you’all might have for a newbie to the Voyager XII?

Thanks for your time,
Bruce
Replies:
Subject: carb overflow tube

Author:
Phil (carb overflow tube)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:47:34 11/08/09 Sun

On the bottom of the carbs there is a long rubber tube. Does this connect to anything or does it just hang ?
Replies:
Subject: Floor boards With H&T shifter for sale

Author:
Leland House
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:09:04 08/29/09 Sat

Hello, I have a brand new set of floor boards with the H & T shifter for the ZG1200. contact me via E-mail or land line @ 559-229-0828
Replies:
Subject: Looking for Voyager mecanic in Tennessee

Author:
Andra B. Journey
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:09:23 09/25/09 Fri

I am looking for a Voyager mechanic whose shop is in Tennessee about an hour north of Memphis. My brother bought some parts from him a couple years ago and we were very impressed with his work and his shop. Sadly my brother was killed recently in an automobile accident and the Voyager was tossed from the trailer and I would like to get it rebuilt for his son. Any help that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Replies:
Subject: Heel Toe Shifter for 2002 Voyager XII

Author:
Doug Walker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:41:30 05/26/09 Tue

I'm looking for a heel toe shifter for my 2002 Voyager XII
and other hard to find options for this bike
Replies:
Subject: AVA Santa Fe ride-in

Author:
Bill O
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:25:26 06/16/09 Tue

Hey folks,
For those of you going to the 20th AVA Rally in Santa Fe, NM, I will be joining your ride-in at the Gallup, NM stopover.

I'll be leaving Las Vegas, NV on the 12th and will make the evening stop in Gallup. Meet you there or along the way!

Bill & Bernadette Overton
Subject: Voyager XII brake parts

Author:
Mike Meier
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:22:11 04/10/06 Mon

I'm looking for rear brake rotors for my 1987 Voyager XII. Besides getting reamed by the dealer, is there any cheaper alternative?
Replies:
Subject: mufflers

Author:
Lewis Ross
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:02:07 06/02/09 Tue

I have a 2000 Voyager XII I purchased from a friend of mine I ordered some mufflers,(glasspacks) from JC Whitney that advised they would fit but of course they would not mount because of bend in pipe and around kick stand does anyone know where I can get original glass pack muffler system I understand they made some original pipes that were a little louder for this bike i would appreciate a response if we can I would like to hear the bike running thanks Louie
Replies:
Subject: Painted tail light lens

Author:
J.C. (smiling)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:17:52 04/25/09 Sat

Tried the hard way with citris type paint removers as someone suggested....very poor results and very slow. got some fast dry lacquer thinner out and a small brush, the paint comes right off and leaves no injury to the plastic. Fast and simple, you can be done in ten minutes. I buffed the plastic outer surface when done with polishing compound and a rag wheel just to give it a super high gloss.
Subject: ANY BODY OUT THERE

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:29:17 11/14/06 Tue

Just wondering if'n anybody still gets on this site anymore.... and if so... anybody have any experiance with rear dif leak problems..... Seems like our 99 has a seal going south... gotta dime sized spot of gear oil comming from the boot....
Thanks
Ride Safe
Tony & Gail
Grass Valley Ca..
Replies:
Subject: trike kit

Author:
Dennis in CA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:20:32 10/08/08 Wed

Has anyone heard of a company that will be, or has started to make a trike kit for the Voyager? I don't mean the "Voyager Kit" that adds extra wheels to the back. Lehman and Champion do not.

Dennis
Replies:
Subject: 2003 zg1200 shifter

Author:
jim clynes
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:32:29 11/09/08 Sun

Hello, I just purchased a 2003 zg1200 voyager yesterday. I just sold my 1980 cb900 custom Honda that I had since new. My question is: I find the shift lingage somewhat difficult to use. the fairing is fairly close to the front of the shifter. Maybe it is something I need to get use too, But it seems like a bad design. Is there another shifter linkage out there that can be used? Thank you in advance. Jim Clynes
Replies:
Subject: Pray for RAY WALLS

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:23:21 09/14/08 Sun

Folks,
If you still read this, and have'nt heard already.. Please Pray for Ray, He was in an accident last week while returning from the NCVC 2008 Tour. He is in an induced coma, and as of 3:00 PST he has gone into surgery..

Also pray for Betty to give her comfort & strength during this time...
More information on the AVA site.

Tony & Gail
NCVC #108 & 109
Subject: rip off shop

Author:
chuck
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:48:47 08/22/08 Fri

Hi
I bought a 1200 voyager in April 2008
the next day the starter chain broke-
i found only 1 shop that would fix it!
i trailed it to him on april 26th 2008 he said it would be 2 week repair!(HA)
16 weeks later i got it back($1,600.00).
now my temp gauge- OD light side- stand switch-cruise control-do not work--its leaking anti freeze-the right side drivers foot peg fell off-i found it and bought new screwsand replaced it my self.
any ideas on these side problems,i really dont want to take it back to this guy(i my never see the bike before x-mas
thanks chuck lisle IL
Subject: starter drive

Author:
ron
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:34:15 07/30/08 Wed

starter turns over but won't engage the engine. does the voyager XII starter have a chain slave or a pinion?
Replies:
Subject: Intercom hookup

Author:
Tim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:08:16 06/15/08 Sun

I have a 2003 voyager and would like to hook up the intercom & in helmet speakers. I purchased a Y cord from Air Rider (part #820) it is a short 5 pin connector... 6 Pins comes out of the voyager radio. Is there a cord that goes from 6 pin to 5 pin, plug the Y cord into it and add helmet head sets??? Thanks for your help!
Subject: Trailer hitch wiring from bike to trailer

Author:
MTN01
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:15:57 09/05/06 Tue

Anybody got info on hooking up bike lights to trailer.. I need the wiring from the Bike, (Trailers good to go) Do I need a Isolator or Converter or??? (Hoppy pt # would be great) W/color code from bike... Hope to be pickin up trailer this week....

Ride Safe
MTN
Replies:
Subject: Hitch wanted

Author:
Dennis in CA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:39:26 03/27/08 Thu

Hi out there. Anyone out there have a hitch for a Voyager, reasonable, or cheap if possible. Retired you know.
Dennis
Replies:
Subject: DON, Hows the Piggy Backer trailer?

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:52:59 02/17/06 Fri

Hey Don,
Just wondering how the trailer's working out, and ifn you have any regrets 'bout it..

T.C.
Replies:
Subject: 1991 voyager

Author:
bo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:42:56 12/28/07 Fri

1991 votager i am looking at buying one how are they
Subject: Re: speedometer cable replacement

Author:
Tom Chitwood
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:47:28 12/12/07 Wed

I'm on my third voyager XII and have replaced a lot of speedometer cables over the years. If you remove the headlight, you can reach the speedometer without much problem. Just unscreww teh old cable at both ends and put the new one in. One trick, don't run the cabel between the fork legs at the fork brace, run it on the outside of the legs. This gives it a genteler bend and will actually make it last longer.
Replies:
Subject: Hello

Author:
Charlie from Illinois
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:55:44 07/26/07 Thu

I just found your forum from another site. I have an 03 XII and like it alot.
We just got done with a 2500 mile trip and everything worked well. I think I will take a few minutes and check out your site.
Charlie
Replies:
  • respect -- andrew from belarus, 09:25:48 10/20/07 Sat
Subject: PiggBacker Cargo trailer

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:51:32 07/15/07 Sun

We're still looking for a trailer....Thinking 'bout a "Piggy XL"
Anybody out here on the West Coast (in Northern Calif) got a PiggyBacker cargo trailer that I can take a look at? and if you have any thoughts to share... Leaf springs or Torsion? Fixed or swivel hitch?
Or if anyone has a line on a CM2000 or ??? with 'bout 18-22CF storage capacity, please get hold of us. WE ARE going to take a long trip up the West Coast in Aug or Sept this year and I want to be packed & ready.
Thanks for any info...

Tony & Gail
Grass Valley Calif.
99 XII
98 KLR650
Subject: Need seat/antenna

Author:
Jetman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:41:06 05/29/07 Tue

Just bought a Voyager that needs some TLC. I'm looking for a seat and passenger back pad for a 1985 ZN1300 and a radio antenna. Any leads please e-mail me.
Thanks,
Subject: June Camp Out in Corning

Author:
Dennis in CA (me)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:58:29 05/27/07 Sun

Okay, everyone that has had other things to do on camp days, here's your chance to come back to the fold. Jacque and I are hosting the June campout at out place in Corning on the 8-9-10th of June. You can come a week in advance if you want and leave a week later if you want. Campsites are free-free-free. We have already bought the hot dogs and hamburgers for the Saturday picnic. There will be home made potato salad, Jacque's beans, lots of dill pickles, plus, you get the pleasure of looking at my ugly puss.

Saturday morning I have a ride planned up highway 36 west of Red Bluff to Platina, take a rest there and then head up the mountain and over to the new Veteran's cemetary in Igo. From there a quick trip down to Redding and then back to our place for resting, bar-b-que, some award winning wine for those who would like, and of course the usual lying and story telling. We would like as many to show up as can get here. Jacque loves company as she then dosn't have to listen to me. lol. Let us know so we know how much potato salad and what not to prepare.

Thanks all, Dennis (530) 824-4063
Cell (530) 591-4063
Subject: 1986 left lower cowling---

Author:
Kim Brawner
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:36:28 04/24/07 Tue

I need a RED left lower cowling for a 1986 Voyager===cheap-where do I look------thanks--Kim
Replies:
Subject: APRIL CAMP OUT & PICNIC

Author:
RAY WALLS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:34:20 04/16/07 Mon

Well it does look as though this place is dead. But maybe we have more people looking then talking. We will see if anyone will confess to seeing this message on here. TC we would sure love to see your smiling face at least on Saturday. I know you older guys don't like to sleep on the ground anymore, so we will settle for just a picnic on Saturday. Jim T. I know it's asking a lot of you to try to make it up for the camp out. But is it possible for us to see you on Saturday also. I just bought a whole bunch of hamburger patties & koshered beef franks from CostCo. The franks are pretty long and I bought a bunch of 10" buns to go with them and large hamburger buns too. Everyone coming will be bringing something to add to the meal. I would think it's going to be a real pig out. Oh and I have three bottles of wine & some beer too. So as Bob Barker says come on down. Cheers.
Uncle Ray
Replies:
Subject: Well!

Author:
donr
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:04:15 04/05/07 Thu

I guess we are recycling old messages due to lack of new ones. All of us need to use this board or take it down from the net. What ya think???
Replies:
  • Re: Well! -- T.C., 17:44:07 04/05/07 Thu
  • Re: Well! -- Jim T (Central California Coast), 14:03:54 04/09/07 Mon
Subject: !!! ALERT !!! DON'T stay at Gold Country Inn !!!

Author:
S.A.D.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:33:05 02/08/06 Wed

Well Folks,
ya live and learn. I thought I had covered all the bases for a search for a good hotel up in Placerville but as you will read below I didn't do so well. This is kinda new to me as my wife and I were 'on the fly' travelers. Most times we would flip a coin to decide where to go or stay. So in the future PLEASE contact me, as Fritz has, with ANY concerns about arangments that I have made cause I still be learning.
Fritz also called the National 9 and got us a group discount ***** WAY TO GO FRITZ !!!!! *****

When you make your reservation with National 9, mention that you are with the NCVC and you will get a discount.

1 person/queen bed = $55+
1 person/king bed = $60+

Your S.A.D.
Brew

===========================================================

Hello NCVC members
I am sending this info I have found to Don (Brew) Brubaker because he is the S.A.D. for our club and he will post information.

First of all I would like to thank Brew for taking the time out of his schedule to drive to Placerville to check out some of the motels for us. He found a few that looked pretty good. With that said,,, This is to let you all know that what you see may not be what you get. This same thing has happened to me before. What I thought was great turned out to be a disaster. If it hadn't been for an email from one of our members, Jerry Heitman, that lives very close to plaverville, we all would not have known about how bad a place one of the motels listed was. This is one of those cases that something that looks good, IS NOT. Jerry sent me a web site that gets feed back on different motels. I would highly recommend reading it. When you get to the site, scroll down the page to read what people said.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g32898-d79315-Reviews-Gold_Country_Inn-Placerville_California.html

With the help of both Don and Jerry advice, I made some calls on my own to a lot of places in Placerville and found only two motels that I think might be ok. There are also a few B&Bs that may be ok but the prices for them are all at $125 and UP per night. However, the motels are not too bad. NOTE: The prices they gave me are also listed but I would call to confirm. Don't know about you but I can't be spending that kind of $$$ for a B&B. The two motels and B&Bs are listed. I myself am staying at the National 9

Again, Thanks to Don and Jerry for their help. When we get input from all the memebers that can help, we can have better club functions.

One more thing if I may,,, Please don't hate the messeger if ya don't like your motel room. :O) No ones perfect.

Best Western Inn
6850 Green Leaf Dr. (off Missouri Flat Rd. exit)
(530) 622-9100
$90 and up + tax

National 9
1500 Broadway
(530) 622-6866
Queen bed $60 +
King bed $75 +

Blair House Carousel Inn
(530) 626-9006
call for prices and amenities

Combellack-Blair House B&B
(530) 622-3764

Shafsky House B&B
(530-642-2776
Call for prices amenities

Glenmorey Country House B&B
(530) 295-5513

--- Fritz Wells
--- themaskedrider@earthlink.net
Replies:
Subject: John Ward Donations - Shuttin Homie down again!

Author:
Chrome Nut Not
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:42:18 03/03/06 Fri

I've issued a challange on the AVA web site to double the total donations for John Ward to $3300 by the end of March. If we can do this Homie has agreed to log off the site for the entire month of April. I just doubled my first donation and the check goes in the mail tomorrow. We need your help, dig a little deeper, get those checks in the mail! I can't think of a better cause than helping good people.
Subject: Top"o" Da Day to Ya

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:47:00 03/17/07 Sat

Well tis a fine day it is......
Da Sky is Blue, Birds are a chirpin,
And the roads are a callin us....
So on this Grand day:
May the roads be dry & gravel free, with nary a Cager present.... & may your tank stay full & you have rode many a mile and be safely home afore the dreaded Monkey Butt knows you were gone :0}

Ride Safe & Remember.... ATGATT

Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif.
99 XII (The Green one)
98 KLR650
Subject: Stebel Nautilus Compact Air Horn install

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:04:21 03/16/07 Fri

Hey Folks,
(Hope someone still reads this message board :0}
Anybody out there have one installed on there XII???
I have ordered one and it should be here in a couple days... (Gotta wake up the cagers talking on the Cellphones) Just need to know if there is too much juice to run'em from the stock wiring or if I should run them with a relay... (like everything else)

Thanks

Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif.
99 XII
98 KLR650
Subject: Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:59:45 03/04/07 Sun

AnyBody out here.........

Last post was for NEW YEARS...............................

Spring is trying to Sprung up here in N.Calif....

Daffodils & Fruit trees are blooming....

Hope to make the March Meeting...

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Ride Safe & Remember.... ATGATT
Tony & Gail
Grass Valley, Calif.
99 XII
98 KLR650
Replies:
Subject: looking for a CB

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:00:26 03/08/06 Wed

I know I'm gonna be probably S.O.L. but i'll try anyway.... I'm looking for a stock Clarion CB.... (ok stop laughing...)

Anyone out there know of a unit that will work with the same (or close to it) features??? AirRider is a possibility but mucho $$$.... anything cheaper out there that will work????
Thanks
Keep'Em On Two & Enjoy Da Ride
Tony & Gail
Replies:
Subject: Happy & Safe New Year to All

Author:
T.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:16:51 01/01/07 Mon

To All,

I trust you all had a Merry Christmas, and We wish you All A Safe & Prosperous New Year.

Ride Safe, ATGATT
Tony & Gail
Grass Valley
99 XII
98 KLR650
Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: [1]2 ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.