VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:14:21 09/09/17 Sat
Author: Switched
Subject: We switched schools last year in large part because of yelling and teacher style. It's taken quite a bit of time, but my DD is so much more relaxed now in her approach to class and competition. School shopping and learning that there were different styles of teaching in our area helped us to see that we could make a change and it resulted in a much better fit for our family!
In reply to: concerned mom 's message, "My 8 year old loves Irish Dance and has been doing really well. She told me tonight that when her TCRG yells at her that she is really scary. I have had talks previously that my daughter get scared to even dance for fear of being yelled at. When she was younger, I would raise my voice and she'd cry because I "yelled" at her. Any suggestions? I don't like her feeling scared to go to dance class." on 19:44:13 09/08/17 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Would yelling be acceptable behavior from a school teacher? NO! Don't let it be acceptable from a dance teacher. Dance should be fun, not scary! Find another school. (NT) -- jmho, 09:23:30 09/09/17 Sat
  • Eh, I had plenty of school teachers yell when I was growing up if students were being lazy or disruptive or had been slacking off in studying. (NT) -- but that's school..., 11:47:26 09/09/17 Sat
  • Depending on the circumstances, yes, yelling could be appropriate from a school teacher or any adult for that matter. (NT) -- But I agree, Dance should be fun and not scary, 10:09:25 09/15/17 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.