VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:42:35 12/12/15 Sat
Author: x
Subject: One question and a suggestion.
In reply to: Angry dad 's message, "Transfers: things for my 18 yo dd had become unbearable and TC was unwilling to listen to her concerns. DD sent a kind email to TC to tell her she was transferring and received a hateful response full of attacks on her character, mocking her weak areas, etc. Question: should we have just transferred and not notified TC first? Second: reprimand is warranted--can I file complaint w/ region, CLRG, etc?" on 17:37:16 12/11/15 Fri

I agree that their is no excuse for unprofessional response to a dancer leaving a school... but I do have one question for you.
Did your dancer leaving impact any other dancers in the school - specifically was you dancer part of a team that was training toward a major? Worlds or Nationals? If that is the case, I can understand the teachers anger (but still not unprofessional language- if that was the case).

If your were not part of an organized team - or backing out of a team commitment, then I can certainly understand your frustration on how your teacher responded.

I would encourage you to report the situation to authorities IF I thought that it would result in some sort of change. Unfortunately, in my experience, change is VERY VERY slow in the Irish Dance World, and it is rare for a parent generated complaint to result in anything other than grief for the parent/dancer involved.

So I guess my suggestion is: Think about what you want to achieve. If your number one concern is getting your child dancing to her best and having a great time, then move forward and leave the bad blood behind.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.