VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:43:10 12/12/15 Sat
Author: x
Subject: Well, teams doesn't impact this situation. But I would have to disagree with your statement that teams should "never" impact a decision to transfer. (more)
In reply to: good luck with the transfer 's message, "Teams should never impact a decision to transfer - you don't need the same team members to compete at a Major - and if the school does not have backups that is their problem not the dancers problem. Don't stay in an unacceptable environment for a team." on 11:32:06 12/12/15 Sat

Some schools do not have enough people to have replacements. If a person had made a commitment to dance on a team for a major, they should honor that commitment and transfer after the commitment was honored.

There might be situations where there were "plenty" of replacement dancers available, and then, a transfer could be made without impacting all the other people on a team..

Years ago, we had a dancer transfer out of our school about a month before Oireachtas, she had been on several teams, it was really hard for the other dancers. At the time, I felt it was poor form, and she could have stuck it out one more month. I'm sure there ARE some situations that warrant walking out on a team and creating a financial and emotional impact on 7 other dancers, but in most situations, I would think a dancer could "last" a few months if a major comp was getting close.

You don't have to agree with me, this is just my view on it.

As I said before, I realize this issue was not part of the O.P.'s situation. I'm sorry that you had to deal with nastiness from your ex-TCRG. But I guess that really does support the fact that you made the right decision!! Good luck at your new school.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Well, teams doesn't impact this situation. \But it is not very nice to walk out on a team near a major, that is what I meant. (NT) -- x, 20:52:55 12/12/15 Sat
  • the OP said the dancer just transferred and if on teams Worlds is 4 months away and NANs is 6 months - plenty of time for replacements to step up - BUT I would never keep my DD in an unhealthy situation - (NT) -- imho, 22:59:32 12/12/15 Sat

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.