VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
Subject: Stories About Becoming a Nudist

Author:
Robert
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:21:26 10/21/06 Sat

A good while back, there were multiple posts about people discovering a nude lifestyle for the first time - reactions of friends and family, etc. Does anyone have any stories that haven't been shared lately. Is there anyone who wishes they could go nude more often, but does not know how to take the first step?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Stories About Becoming a Nudist

Author:
joe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:02:47 10/22/06 Sun

hello robert--this is probably not exactly on your question's subject, but i think it is relavent. i have found that being naked in situations where it is expected or normal is not near as much of a problem to a person, especially a shy person, as is a situation where nudity is not expected to be found. like in a naturist/nudist resort, when you are seen naked, you would not expect the viewers to be surprised, offended, embarrassed, etc. so it makes it easier if it is you first time, etc. but if you are found in your garden in your backyard naked and some friends show up unexpectedly, (which has happened to me), that can cause embarrassment on both sides, and can be an obsticle in your nudist ventures. in my case, the friends were totally embarrassed, and i had to put on shorts and convince them it didn't bother me, so don't feel uncomfortable.
my first few times at home years ago were a bit awkward, only for me, as i was concerned about what the rest of the family thought. my kids had done it since out of diapers, and i ran around in the house like that a lot, but routinely tending the garden, etc. wasn't common for me then. when i started, no body seemed to notice (family). so my concerns were unfounded. however, friends and other people showing up was a different story! of course in this day and age of nude prudishness, anyone seeing you naked in non-naked situations (as per their definations of non naked situations), think you are weird or perverted. and it seems like non naked situations have pretty well taken over anything outside of your bathroom at home!!! even showers at summer camps for kids, and shower rooms for kids and adults at health/recreation facilities are nude taboo these days.
joe

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
peter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:06:06 11/01/06 Wed

I have always love being nude. I would skinny dip with other male friends at a lake or stream. or their pool.
I am straight. I would lay out naked by the lake where nobody could see me. When I moved to florida in 1993 I knew that they had a nude beach. My first time I just layed my towel took off my shirt, shorts and shoes and socks and never thought twice about the fact that I was nude. I looked around and saw all kinds of people.fat, skinny,hairy,shaved. some You could tell were regulars because thay had no tan lines. I had my speeedo tan lines that i soon lost.NO I never burned my penis. I remember after a few times of going to the nude beach when I shaved my pubic hair the skin that was covered with the hair was still untanned.I soon lost that white skin.I love the feeling of being nude and swimming in the water.
This country has a connection between nudity and sex.
There is NO connection.

[> [> Subject: Re: Stories About Becoming a Nudist

Author:
joe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:51:30 12/19/06 Tue

I'm a free spirit.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Stories About Becoming a Nudist

Author:
joe to" joe"
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:31:41 12/20/06 Wed

why don't you use your own name to post?
and maybe post something relevent to the discussion.
joe

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Stories About Becoming a Nudist

Author:
Saddam Hussein
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:01:29 12/30/06 Sat

I'm a free spirit.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Stories About Becoming a Nudist

Author:
Shitleppo, alias Aleppo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:52:00 12/30/06 Sat

>I'm a free spirit.
You're also fucking dead, good riddance!!!!

[> Subject: What's Up With My Daughter

Author:
Jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:25:27 01/21/07 Sun

My 14-year-old daughter seems to be adopting a very casual attitude about nudity, and I really don't know how to respond. We have never been nude in our house. Recently, my daughter started taking her showers with the bathroom door wide open to the hallway. A little while later, she started walking down the hallway to her room nude. Most recently, I was in the kitchen on a Saturday morning, and my daughter walks into the kitchen wearing only panties, sings good morning to me, grabs a bottle of orange juice from the refrigerator and walks off.

It makes me very uncomfortable. I caught my 10-year old son craning his neck around the open bathroom door to see his sister nude. I smacked him in the back of the head for it. I doubt that will be enough. I have not had the courage to talk to her about it. Maybe because I have no idea what to say to her. When I try to talk to my wife, she just shrugs it off and says it is just a phase. On one hand I want to tell her to be more modest. On the other hand, I don't know if that is the right thing to say. I have always admired her self-confidence and I would not want to do anything to turn that down. It is just among family, and so far her nudity has just been a matter of convenience. I don't know if she is thinking of becoming a nudist. I think that may be a bad idea because of our society and stuff and because of her age. I don't know if I should be telling her to feel differently or if I should be telling myself to feel differently. I would appreciate some helpful feedback.

[> [> Subject: Re: What's Up With My Daughter

Author:
Curious
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:01:20 01/21/07 Sun

>My 14-year-old daughter seems to be adopting a very
>casual attitude about nudity, and I really don't know
>how to respond. We have never been nude in our house.
> Recently, my daughter started taking her showers with
>the bathroom door wide open to the hallway. A little
>while later, she started walking down the hallway to
>her room nude. Most recently, I was in the kitchen on
>a Saturday morning, and my daughter walks into the
>kitchen wearing only panties, sings good morning to
>me, grabs a bottle of orange juice from the
>refrigerator and walks off.
>
>It makes me very uncomfortable. I caught my 10-year
>old son craning his neck around the open bathroom door
>to see his sister nude. I smacked him in the back of
>the head for it. I doubt that will be enough. I have
>not had the courage to talk to her about it. Maybe
>because I have no idea what to say to her. When I try
>to talk to my wife, she just shrugs it off and says it
>is just a phase. On one hand I want to tell her to be
>more modest. On the other hand, I don't know if that
>is the right thing to say. I have always admired her
>self-confidence and I would not want to do anything to
>turn that down. It is just among family, and so far
>her nudity has just been a matter of convenience. I
>don't know if she is thinking of becoming a nudist. I
>think that may be a bad idea because of our society
>and stuff and because of her age. I don't know if I
>should be telling her to feel differently or if I
>should be telling myself to feel differently. I would
>appreciate some helpful feedback.

How big is her bush? Does she have nice tits?

Author:
Art
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:07:39 01/21/07 Sun

Well if this post is real, you certainly have strange ideas. If you're uncomfortable with casual nudity in the house, talk it out with your daughter and preferably wife as well.
Why in all hell would you slap your son for looking and not your daughter for starting it? She obviously doesn't mind being seen nude. But it's a family issue and everyone ought to have a say in it. And don't apply a double standard.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: What's Up With My Daughter

Author:
Jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:04:14 01/21/07 Sun

Hello Art,

My wife has already said don't worry about it. Just let it play out. Right now, if I sat down and talked to my daughter. It would go like this. It makes me very uncomfortable when you leave doors open and walk around the house undressed. She would say, Sorry Daddy, I just won't do that anymore. That would be the end of it I bet. I think my problem is that I am not sure that it is fair or right for me to say that to her. Am I a prude or just a Dad?

I don't know what you mean by applying a double standard.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: What's Up With My Daughter

Author:
Art
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:47:13 01/21/07 Sun

>
>I don't know what you mean by applying a double
>standard.

Your just a dad, but maybe a prude too. If it's all right with your wife and daughter then it's not a big issue.
But:
A double standard is hitting your boy for his natural instinct of looking at the girl. Would you slap your daughter if she saw your son nude? It's downright unfair to your son. If your daughter is going to expose herself, it's fair for any one to look, including you.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: What's Up With My Daughter

Author:
Jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:00:31 01/22/07 Mon

No double standard here. Until recently, I would have smacked my daughter in the back of the head for trying to sneak a peak at a boy. Art & Joe, you make good points. So now I am confused. I don't know what rules to enforce. I would really like to be able to have a conversation with my daughter. Ask why she started being casual about nudity at home. It would be very uncomfortable. I want to talk to her about it. But I don't know how to begin the talk or what to say that wouldn't make things even wierder or make her feel guilty for doing something that I guess isn't really wrong.

[> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: What's Up With My Daughter

Author:
Art
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:53:23 01/22/07 Mon

Well you are certainly hung up about nudity, but so are most Americans. If you cannot deal with it at all, then tell your daughter to stop, but tell her that the problem may be yours and not hers. I agree with joe that we'd all be better adjusted in this country if casual non sexual nudity wasn't taboo.
I've never practiced any home nudity with the children present, unlike joe, so I'm probably not the best person to give advice. (In fact my daughters complained if I walked by in brief underwear.) I'd encourage you to discuss it openly with your family, including your wife and son together and come to an understanding. At least in the beginning, your daughter probably should limit exposure when you're home. And if your daughter can do it, your son can too; he may want to. And looking is OK, touching is not.
I'd be interested in joe's thoughts.

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: What's Up With My Daughter

Author:
joe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:31:17 01/22/07 Mon

jim--i would suggest what art is saying--that is a family conversation about this is in order. you made a statement in a previous post that you "might be a nude prude". i would be curious as to how you feel about nudity in general, same sex family nudity (father/son), and mixed sex familly nudity. are you really hung up on it, or are you just "weirded out" by it, but not against it? art suggested that your son should have the same privledges as the daughter. i agree. in my family, when the kids were growing up, they defined their own modesty, and until high school, there wasn't any. then, it was casual modesty, the boys never had any and the daughters were modest only part of the time. i know from experiences with other families that the boys in families usually had no problems with nudity, but the girls did, so you would see boys nude, and girls in t shirts and panties at a minimum. (i'm talking young here--up to about 6 or 7--even my kids with no modesty would put something on when company visited, then maybe go back to whatever they were if they were comfortable with the setting)
has your son ever dressed very casual or been seen between the bathroom and bedroom naked? would he even want to?
these are some of the questions and comments i would want to make if i was having a family meeting. of course, a lot of times, kids are embarrassed to talk about such subjects to their own parents, so you might not get totally relaxed truthful answers. since you havent' had casual family nudity before now, the subject might be hard to get opened up to, but you never know.
if you decide not to approach the subject with them, and stop her, make sure she knows it's you with the problem, not her. (of course, this is my opinion, not a fact, and art made this suggestion in his previous post) i know there are many (majority) of americans who would disagree with any kind of nudity, but i believe casual family nudity is the best way to raise kids. trying to hide this stuff from kids is a sure way to attract their attention to the very thing you are trying to hide from them or ("protect them from")
one other thing, if your son was not interested in looking at his naked sister, he would be very abnormal and i would worry about it. you would be amazed at how relaxed sibblings are when their curiousities are satisfied by viewing each other in non stressful situations. and there is a certain bonding that takes place in nude situations between same sex and opposite sex family members, the comfort zones expand drastically.
sorry i got so long winded. let us know what happens, jim.
joe

Author:
joe to jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:29:44 01/21/07 Sun

hello jim--since you said nudity was not common in your house, you daughter knows that, and it would be interesting to know why she all of a sudden started dropping her modesty.
and art is sure correct when he says don't apply a double standard concerning your son and daughter. who wouldn't look at a naked person when they are not accustomed to it? any boy will look if he has the chance, and visa versa. and reading most of the posts on these types of boards, it's the boys who get short-changed because they have forced nudity and girls look, but the girls modesty is always protected so the boys don't get a chance.
boys are always wanting to look and "feel", but if they were raised in a family or environment where males and females had equal exposure, the boys curiousity would be more satisfied than it is when they are prohibited from seeing. the double standard as we have it here in the u.s. is a total crock of s***.
joe

Author:
Rodger
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:37:07 01/22/07 Mon

I'm just curious. Why are you on a forum about non-sexual nudity if you have a problem with your daughter's nudity?
I just assumed that the people in this group were the minority who don't have a problem with non-sexual nudity.

Author:
Bill W.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:02:05 01/23/07 Tue

She can't do that, this is the United States of America, the western civilization, how dare she..

Now if you were from one of the Scandanavian (sp) countries or tribal Africa, would you be worried about this? I don't think so..but we live in prudish America, what can I say..

Author:
Jim to Rodger and everyone
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:20:00 01/23/07 Tue

Rodger asked why post here. Good question. This wasn't the first place I looked for advice. I started by posting in a parenting forum. First people accused me of being a troll. Then people were rude and critical of my daughter, of me, of my wife. Their ugly response made me start to ask myself why we even had these hang ups. This forum is definitely out there. I thought I might do better to try to get answers from both sides of the argument. Really - the responses I'm getting here are a ton more helpful.

Was it Joe who asked if I think family nudity is wrong? After getting such hateful posts from people who say its wrong - I don't know anymore. I want to say its not wrong. But what if it leads to something bad? It seems like it could?

I think I want to talk to my daughter alone first. If that goes well, I want to have a family dinner and see if I can bring up the subject in a no judgement way. With my daughter you guys gave me a good idea. I ask her why the change in behavior. I hear her answer and all I have to say is - oh, okay. Then I get to walk away and regroup. Now that I have a good plan - I am anxious to try. I'll try to post back and let you know how it goes. Thank you!

Author:
Robbie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:17:28 01/23/07 Tue

Jim,
yes having a talk is a good idea. i don't think this kind of thing is all that weird among younger kids and pre-pubescent kids but usually in puberty they develop some modesty. I know my kids didn't mind casual nudity for quite a while (13 year old boy occasionally seen nude by parents and his sister...no obvious flaunting but he just didn't seem to mind). My daugher started being more discreet at around 11 yo.

just out of curiousity, is your daugheter in the midst of puberty? has she had her period yet? does she have breast development and pubic hair? If answer is no, maybe the feelings of modesty haven't kicked in yet either.

Author:
Art
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:46:32 01/23/07 Tue

Good luck Jim,
I think you have a start now. You're right to be a little wary of it. As you've been made aware, many people would think that casual family nudity is perverted. My wife would have. She passed that attitude on to my children, who now that they are adults have mostly overcome it.
I'd think you'd be wise to restrict nudity at least initially to more or less acceptable situations such as coming out of the shower nude and crossing the hall, or leaving doors to bedrooms or bathrooms open. I'd discourage walking around the house nude or watching TV nude in the family room. If the kids should talk about open family nudity in school you'd probably get a visit from some social protection agency, especially if you are nude (men are always assumed to be perverts). And as I said before, no touching.
But your initial step is wise. Find out why your daughter wants to do it, and then if acceptable bring it up to the rest of the family.

Author:
joe
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:54:16 01/23/07 Tue

art is probably right in that busybody teachers will make a mountain out of a molehill when told about nude activities as most of them are nude prudes. i don't think there is any law in any state that makes nudity within one's home illegal, as long as it is non sexual nudity when involving persons under 18. my kids learned at early ages to keep their mouths shut at school, as when they first told their teachers about their skinny dipping, the teachers about had cows. (some of them were cows), they told my kids how disgusting, how wrong it was, etc. my brother-in-law lawyer wrote each of them a letter indicating i wished them to teach the academics they were hired to teach, and stay out of my families moral and personal issues. that pretty well did it.
these days you will meet with much resistance from the nude prude majority on any type of nudity. i am really surprised that nude prudes can take baths and showers at home in a naked state. but, maybe they aren't nude--they may use swim suits there too.......
joe

[> [> [> Subject: I did it

Author:
Jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:30:45 01/24/07 Wed

You people are funny. To answer Robbie - puberty no for my boy but yes for my daughter. I think she is a beautiful young lady - but you know how parents are. She is attractive and endowed like her mother. I don't know where she gets all her smarts from. If she didn't have my very light brown hair, I would wonder if she was even mine.

Last night I went upstairs. My daughter's bedroom door was half open. She was sitting at her mirror brushing her hair. She was wearing her pink flanel pajama bottoms and nothing up top. My wife was downstairs watching Big Day, so I knew she would not be moving for the next 15 minutes.

I got behind the closed part of the door and knocked. She told me to come in. I could tell she was all of sudden a little nervous about me standing in her room with her breasts just out there like that. It's like she wanted to cover up with her hands, but then she stopped. It made me a little sad. We gave her this cute flanel pajama set with a three button, long-sleve top. She used to sleep in it and she was so cute. Now I think she is only sleeping in the bottoms or less. It's like where's my little girl.

I said that I noticed she doesn't cover up as much as she used to. I told her mom says theres nothing wrong with it. Then I told her I was just curious why the change. She thought and scruched up her face and shrugged. Her voice was so low I had to get closer to her to hear. That made me even more uncomfortable.

She said she was over at xxx house - a school friend who lives walking distance from us. They built an enclosed deck off the back of their house with a jacuzzi. The parents weren't home and my daughter, the friend, and the friend's older sister all ended up in the jacuzzi naked. She gave me all the details and it sounded very innocent.

Then the parents came home. The friends act very casual around their parents and no one gets dressed. The older one got out of the jacuzzi in full view of her dad and mom to go in the house and get a telephone message. The younger one invited her parents into the jacuzzi. They said no - thank God. My daughter starts talking to them about how they are so comfortable around their parents. They said it started with the jacuzzi. They caught their parents in there naked enough that they tried it naked. Everyone liked it better that way. Once that door opened, there didn't seem much point in covering up around the house. They said they really liked it better that way and that everyone in the house was nicer when the clothes were off. So she wanted to try it at our house a little.

I said well that makes sense, I guess, and tried to run away - but she stopped me. She wants to know what I think. I said I guess there's not a problem with it. I said it didn't make sense that people would be nicer with their clothes off. Then she says, Dad - this is the closest thing we have had to a real conversation for maybe six months. I knew she was right as soon as she said it. That made me feel very guilty. I said we probably need to make some rules about when its okay and when its not. I said if it's okay with her I would talk to mom and we would bring it up a dinner one night. She agrees. I kiss her on the forehead good night.

Is my daughter just doing this to get my attention? It sure as hell worked! I wonder if I do a better job of talking to her if she will go back to wearing her clothes around the house and closing doors.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: I did it

Author:
joe to jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:06:44 01/24/07 Wed

hi jim--you're wondering if you will do a better job of talking to her is she goes back to wearing her clothes and closing doors. i would say she is the same person with or without clothes. the situation with her friend's family and nudity apparently affected her to the point that she wanted to try it. maybe she liked it there and wanted to carry it over to her own house as it might have been relaxing or liberating to her. i would suggest not "knocking it" too hard or making "cut and dried" rules about when and when not nudity at home. common sense should rule, and unless she is inappropriately dressed when company is there, the less said, the more relaxed the situation would be. you have already told her it is ok with you. (as i interpret your previous post)
you do have an unusual situation, as most girls not brought up in a casual nude environment usually do not suddenly change to nudism. usually the boys in households are the ones who have little or no modesty.
i would definately tell your son that what goes for the daughter goes for him, if he wishes to be "relaxed" in his dress at home, so if he decides to try it, he won't be stressed about it.
joe

[> [> [> [> Subject: You Talked With Her, So Now Let Her Be

Author:
Leah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:08:25 01/29/07 Mon

Why would you pursue the matter any further? You were curious, so you asked her. She explained herself. You told
her it was not a problem. Why bring up the subject again?

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: You Talked With Her, So Now Let Her Be

Author:
joe to leah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:13:00 01/29/07 Mon

why not bring it up again? he told her he might at a family discussion at dinner or like that, she didn't seem to have a problem with that idea, and it might be interesting to have the whole family involved in it. it might interest the family to see what ideas come forth when the brother and mother are able to join in.
joe

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: I did it

Author:
Mike
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:31:01 01/29/07 Mon

Jim, do you know if these neighboring parents were bold enough to look at your 14-year-old daughter while she was nude in their hot tub? You said it sounded innocent up to the point when the girls were alone. What about when the parents arrived?

[> [> [> [> Subject: "YES, I was young, once! That's why you aren't leaving this house

Author:
Voyer87178
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:19:39 05/21/09 Thu

"...dressed like that!"

She'd be 15 by now, if not 16, but the question is still valid. Of everything *you* were sure you knew about everything, at that age, how's it working out, today? Someone in that house has to be the adult. Who has the most experience at "the game of life;" a 15-year-old or you? Mama doesn't seem willing to step up to the plate. That leaves you, to stand between a teenaged child and a world you've seen a bit more-of, so she doesn't have to learn things you already know by herself. It would be nice if the world *could* be clothing-optional (not to mention less-expensive). But even if the news is 'forbidden' in your home due to chick-flicks, cooking-shows, problem-shows, American-Idle reruns and other more-important TV, you know we live in a very imperfect society. So I hope you step up to the plate if you haven't already by now. Best regards.

>
>Is my daughter just doing this to get my attention?
>It sure as hell worked! I wonder if I do a better job
>of talking to her if she will go back to wearing her
>clothes around the house and closing doors.

[> [> Subject: My family is changing

Author:
Jim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:43:05 02/02/07 Fri

To Mike - It sounded respectable enough after the parents arrived at my daughters friends house. My daughter said by the time she realized that the parents were walking in if she had jumped out of the jacuzzi to get dressed, she would have put on a show for them for sure. So she chose to stay under the water like her friends were doing. The parents did actually walk out onto the deck. My daughter said she looked down and realized that the water clear enough for a patial view. She said they left pretty quickly and stayed in the kitchen until she was dressed. I think they did that out of respect for my daughter, because their living room has a pretty clear view of the deck through a sliding glass door.

I talked to my wife. She didnt seem into making rules - but she agreed to the rules I wanted to set. We brought it up over dinner. Joe figured this out before I did. I said we need some rules about clothing and privacy in our house to make sure we are polite and respectful. I said when people are over or at the front door, we wear clothes or stay out of sight. I said if we see a family member undressed because we live together, we do not gawk. I said we still respect the privacy of closed doors. I said our house is our family's private place. We do not talk about seeing each other undressed or with face cream on or anything else that might be embarrassing outside of this house because that would be a violation of privacy. I think those rules will keep us out of any trouble or embarrassment.

Well, I meant to sort of put the whole nudity thing under control. I did not mean to invite the family to start following my daughters lead - like Joe said. But Joe caught on to it faster than I did. The family seems to have taken those rules as permission to do everything else.

Last Sunday, my wife was awfully casual about keeping our bedroom door closed. My 10 year old son has stopped closing the door when he is taking a shower. I insisted that he close the door when he is taking a pee.

Friday morning I opened my shower curtain to find my daughter in my bathroom. You can't see into our bathroom from the hallway, so we usually leave the bathroom and bedroom door open unless there is a reason to close them. So she didn't break the closed door rule. I pulled the shower curtain back and there she was wearing just her pajama bottoms. I snatched a towel off the rack as quick as I could. I don't know how much she saw. She said she was borrowing one of her mom's razors. I'm thinking I will start closing the door when I'm showering, so I will atleast get a knock and a warning. Everything seems okay I guess, but I am still nervous about this whole thing. I will keep you posted.

[> [> [> Subject: bathroom privacy

Author:
DJ48
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:01:49 02/02/07 Fri

Here is a quote from Bill Cosby from an old calendar that I have:
"A new father quickly learns that his child comes to the bathroom at the wrong times. The only way for this father to be certain of bathroom privacy is to shave at the gas station."

[> [> [> Subject: Is He Complaining, or What?

Author:
Leah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:40:08 02/12/07 Mon

His family now seems to have developed a relaxed and very trusting attitude after they all discussed the issue. As long as everyone follows the rules he mentioned about outsiders or someone coming to the door, things will be ok.
Is he still complaining? If so, what does he want?

Author:
Rod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:46:22 03/27/07 Tue

>My 14-year-old daughter seems to be adopting a very
>casual attitude about nudity, and I really don't know
>how to respond. We have never been nude in our house.
> Recently, my daughter started taking her showers with
>the bathroom door wide open to the hallway. A little
>while later, she started walking down the hallway to
>her room nude. Most recently, I was in the kitchen on
>a Saturday morning, and my daughter walks into the
>kitchen wearing only panties, sings good morning to
>me, grabs a bottle of orange juice from the
>refrigerator and walks off.

So it's the friends she hangs around with that have this influence on her and maybe she is developing body-confidence and likes the way she looks nude, so wants to show it off. I saw a documentary about puberty and adolecence where they mentioned during this period teenagers can be experimental and do stuff like walk around in their bedroom nude and even sleep nude. As they get older they may either carry on or change. There are films that show the lifestyles of teenagers acting like this, one I remember was called Bully, where one of the teenage girls spent all her time in her bedroom naked.

>It makes me very uncomfortable. I caught my 10-year
>old son craning his neck around the open bathroom door
>to see his sister nude.

With this casual attitude of your daughter, it may be hard to avoid happening. So how would you feel if your daughter was at her friends house in the jacuzzi and some boys joined them? Say it was boys in her friend's family?

Author:
joe to rod
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:36:18 03/27/07 Tue

hello rod--in this day and age of nude prudishness and riduculous laws and narrow-mindness in the u.s., parents who owned the hot tub could be in extremely "hot water" for allowing nude boys and girls (under 18) together. or if the parents got in the tub with them, that would really set off some "red flags".
every time i go skinny dipping with anyone else besides my family, and there are kids participating, all us adults are in violation of several laws. even if we didn't have to worry about the law, the abundance of nude prudes is enough of a problem.
i have an outdoor shower, and when the grandkids and their friends are here they use the shower, (they find it most unusual and much fun and comfortable), and several nosy busybodies think it's terrible that a kid would be outside naked taking a shower. by the way, this shower has privacy walls and bushes. it's amazing how insecure most people are in themselves.
a comment about your question of boys joining jim's daughter in the hot tub--if all the kids are used to nudity, there should be no problems. if they are not used to it, problems could arise quite quickly.
joe

Author:
bump
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:24:38 12/14/07 Fri

>hello rod--in this day and age of nude prudishness and
>riduculous laws and narrow-mindness in the u.s.,
>parents who owned the hot tub could be in extremely
>"hot water" for allowing nude boys and girls (under
>18) together. or if the parents got in the tub with
>them, that would really set off some "red flags".
>every time i go skinny dipping with anyone else
>besides my family, and there are kids participating,
>all us adults are in violation of several laws. even
>if we didn't have to worry about the law, the
>abundance of nude prudes is enough of a problem.
>i have an outdoor shower, and when the grandkids and
>their friends are here they use the shower, (they find
>it most unusual and much fun and comfortable), and
>several nosy busybodies think it's terrible that a kid
>would be outside naked taking a shower. by the way,
>this shower has privacy walls and bushes. it's
>amazing how insecure most people are in themselves.
>a comment about your question of boys joining jim's
>daughter in the hot tub--if all the kids are used to
>nudity, there should be no problems. if they are not
>used to it, problems could arise quite quickly.
>joe

Author:
LOL
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:41:57 08/18/09 Tue

>A good while back, there were multiple posts about
>people discovering a nude lifestyle for the first time
>- reactions of friends and family, etc. Does anyone
>have any stories that haven't been shared lately. Is
>there anyone who wishes they could go nude more often,
>but does not know how to take the first step?

[> [> Subject: Re: Stories About Becoming a Nudist

Author:
Emma
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:32:07 06/09/14 Mon

I'm not even sure this forum is working anymore.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.