VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
Subject: My family is changing

Author:
Jim
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:43:05 02/02/07 Fri
In reply to: Jim 's message, "What's Up With My Daughter" on 10:25:27 01/21/07 Sun

To Mike - It sounded respectable enough after the parents arrived at my daughters friends house. My daughter said by the time she realized that the parents were walking in if she had jumped out of the jacuzzi to get dressed, she would have put on a show for them for sure. So she chose to stay under the water like her friends were doing. The parents did actually walk out onto the deck. My daughter said she looked down and realized that the water clear enough for a patial view. She said they left pretty quickly and stayed in the kitchen until she was dressed. I think they did that out of respect for my daughter, because their living room has a pretty clear view of the deck through a sliding glass door.

I talked to my wife. She didnt seem into making rules - but she agreed to the rules I wanted to set. We brought it up over dinner. Joe figured this out before I did. I said we need some rules about clothing and privacy in our house to make sure we are polite and respectful. I said when people are over or at the front door, we wear clothes or stay out of sight. I said if we see a family member undressed because we live together, we do not gawk. I said we still respect the privacy of closed doors. I said our house is our family's private place. We do not talk about seeing each other undressed or with face cream on or anything else that might be embarrassing outside of this house because that would be a violation of privacy. I think those rules will keep us out of any trouble or embarrassment.

Well, I meant to sort of put the whole nudity thing under control. I did not mean to invite the family to start following my daughters lead - like Joe said. But Joe caught on to it faster than I did. The family seems to have taken those rules as permission to do everything else.

Last Sunday, my wife was awfully casual about keeping our bedroom door closed. My 10 year old son has stopped closing the door when he is taking a shower. I insisted that he close the door when he is taking a pee.

Friday morning I opened my shower curtain to find my daughter in my bathroom. You can't see into our bathroom from the hallway, so we usually leave the bathroom and bedroom door open unless there is a reason to close them. So she didn't break the closed door rule. I pulled the shower curtain back and there she was wearing just her pajama bottoms. I snatched a towel off the rack as quick as I could. I don't know how much she saw. She said she was borrowing one of her mom's razors. I'm thinking I will start closing the door when I'm showering, so I will atleast get a knock and a warning. Everything seems okay I guess, but I am still nervous about this whole thing. I will keep you posted.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: bathroom privacy

Author:
DJ48
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:01:49 02/02/07 Fri

Here is a quote from Bill Cosby from an old calendar that I have:
"A new father quickly learns that his child comes to the bathroom at the wrong times. The only way for this father to be certain of bathroom privacy is to shave at the gas station."

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Is He Complaining, or What?

Author:
Leah
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:40:08 02/12/07 Mon

His family now seems to have developed a relaxed and very trusting attitude after they all discussed the issue. As long as everyone follows the rules he mentioned about outsiders or someone coming to the door, things will be ok.
Is he still complaining? If so, what does he want?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.