VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
Subject: Modesty at the ER

Author:
Daniel
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 08:39:44 01/26/16 Tue

Daniel
Subject: Re: PS

<b>" .... If you don't care, the staff isn't likely to care either. The majority are just doing their jobs and are not voyeurs or getting a charge out of it. ...."</b>

In recent years, I've been a guest at one of the local VA hospitals quite often and I have to agree with the <I>"if you don't care they don't care" </I> idea. The problem is usually that at first the staff follows protocol and sometimes that can be annoying as they try to do what is necessary while keeping everything covered up, especially when what is needed is in the pubic area.
There are some nurses who will spend more effort playing <I>"Hide and seek"</I> while pre-op shaving that should be needed between adults.
Some of the most silly situations, for me, anyway, is while being assisted onto the X-ray or MRI table while dressed in only a backless gown. At six foot one, they are almost never long enough and as soon as I use my arms and the technician helps with my legs, usually one at a time any concern for them not seeing the unseeable is gone. And then once flat on my back they usually say to raise my arms to behind my head and whatever the gown was shielding is exposed in all its glory.
Mature techs just go with the flow and deal with it, and at my age I can't see where it can tickle any voyeurs fancy, so they just proceed.
About a year ago, one female X-ray technician realizing what had happened, sort of gasped and placed a sheet across my waist, which covered things up, but as soon as she began to adjust my legs and hips the sheet became useless and when I had to twist to my side fell to the floor, was recovered and replaced, only to fall once again.
By then I was laughing mostly at her discomfort. I said <I>"I don't care if you don't care"</I> and she explained that they were supposed to accommodate the patient's concern for modesty. I remember laughing again and saying <I>"Does it look like I'm that modest ? Or that there is much to be modest about ? Just do what you have to do, you've already seen it all."</I>
She did her job and while we were awaiting the radiologist's decision as to whether more pictures were needed she and I had a chat about how different patients react, and for my part how different medical staff react.
It turned out that she had several brothers and two male children so could hardly be seeing boys naked for the first time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: That's such stupid logic

Author:
Beowulf
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:46:23 02/18/16 Thu

Whenever anyone says that it's ok because they've seen naked people before, it makes them look stupid since having seen other naked people doesn't make it better. Imagine if I walked into a womans locker room while they were all naked and told them that It's ok because I've seen many naked women in my life.You think that would ease their mind? If someone is not comfortable with being naked in front of people, the fact that the other person has seen others naked before doesn't make it better.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: That's such stupid logic

Author:
Jaquard
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:34 05/28/18 Mon

>Whenever anyone says that it's ok because they've seen
>naked people before, it makes them look stupid since
>having seen other naked people doesn't make it better.
>Imagine if I walked into a womans locker room while
>they were all naked and told them that It's ok because
>I've seen many naked women in my life.You think that
>would ease their mind? If someone is not comfortable
>with being naked in front of people, the fact that the
>other person has seen others naked before doesn't make
>it better.

You are 100% correct on every point.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.