VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
FUND FREE MAMMOGRAMS
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]
Subject: Re: Talking spanking with friends/neighbors??

Author:
Joel
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04:45:31 06/19/12 Tue
In reply to: Ann 's message, "Talking spanking with friends/neighbors??" on 22:06:37 06/14/12 Thu

Spanking was definitely discussed amongst parents' friends...pretty much all of them. It was always embarrassing to hear them discuss it.

The neighbors were a different story. There were only two neighbors (I know of) who discussed spanking with my parents. The two daughters babysat me on occassion.

The other neighbor had a daughter that was a year younger than me, and they discussed spanking technique, implements, etc. fairly regularly. She is one of the very few people outside of family and friends' parents who ever spanked me. A friend and I were in the backyard playing baseball (which was a big no-no...we were supposed to use wiffle balls back there), and cracked the sliding glass door of the neighbor's house. We didn't shatter it, but it was certainly messed up. My friend was sent home, and I was sent next door to receive a spanking from the neighbor. $800 and a very red behind later, all was again well in the world.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Talking spanking with friends/neighbors?? - recent summer spankings

Author:
Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:25:58 07/17/12 Tue

Most of my fellow mom friends and I got together yesterday for the first time in a month. Once again our new regular topic was raised, this time by one mom asking the question: "So, with all the time the kids have to find mischief, have there been lots of summertime spankings?"

Coincidentally the first two spankings (one by my hubby and unusually thorough for him, one by me) of summer happened in our house just in the past week. Besides sharing some of the details from our house the other five moms reported eight spankings (either by them or hubby) in the past month or so. Though that sounds like a lot, it was interesting to all of us that we found that number (ten spankings to twelve kids a bit low for summer -- we all agreed that usually summer is when spanking is more frequent.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Talking spanking with friends/neighbors?? - recent summer spankings

Author:
Suzie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:26:36 07/18/12 Wed

So Ann, have you discovered that all your friends also use spankings? I have long thought that there is actually a lot more spanking goes on(thank heavens) than we know about, and it is far from an accurate picture to say that its use has declined to a near non-existent state.

Suzie

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Talking spanking with friends/neighbors?? - recent summer spankings

Author:
Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:46:54 08/04/12 Sat

Hi Suzie. At least all of the moms in our group have admitted that they spank. It was the initial awkwardness, followed by gradual openess of our original discussion (as each mom would discuss others seemed more and more willing to join in) tat made me so interested.

Based at least on my group, here in smalltown midwestern America, spanking, and by that I mean GOOD OLD FASHIONED SPANKING, is still alive and well.

[> [> Subject: Re: Talking spanking with friends/neighbors?? - recent summer spankings

Author:
Alfred (for Ann)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:46:57 07/18/12 Wed

So, it must have been satisfying that you are no longer the sole "heavy" when it comes to spanking. Did you notice any effects or benefits from your husband assuming more of a forceful role?

Do the kids in the neighborhood speak of their streaks, meaning by that the number of days they have gone spanking-free? I think having a competition is a good thing and in the past this forum has encouraged it.

Next time you and your friends get together, ask how others handle the poignant moments when they have to refuse to stop spanking in response to the plea "Please stop, it HURTS! I will be good. I promise!" I always said some version of those words. I suspect that you did also. But, still it must be hard for the parent to deny the request.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Talking spanking with friends/neighbors?? - recent summer spankings

Author:
Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:42:45 08/04/12 Sat

Hi Alfred. Sorry I lost track of this thread (shame on me since I started it!).

I have no idea how or if our kids discuss spanking with their friends.

In answer to your other questions, I think the spanking my husband was a real eye opener, and could not have been more timely. He caught oldest child (eight year old son) with some friends hanging out at a local mall, a place he knows tobe off limits, and several blocks out of his bounds in our neighborhood. Anyway, he came home, pronounced that our son was going to get spanked, and sent him to his room. He (my husband) was realy angry, and then went out to the garage. I briefly sounds of a running power saw. He came in a few minutes later with a flat but solid stick of wood, and asked if we could talk. We discussed what happened and how he was going to spank our son for about ten minutes. He actually asked me for a few tips, since he was going to use his new paddle just like I use my hairbrush. It seemed to help calm him down.
A few minutes later I could definitely hear him in our son's room giving a good talking to, followed by instructions to "pull down pants and bend over," and then what sounded like a short (ten whacks), but godd stinging spanking. Our son has been messing up a lot for the last six or seven months, so I hope he now sees that dad has also had enough.

Next time our group meets I will ask how moms handle the pleas. Most of the time my own approach is to spank right through them, but if the child manages to wiggle off of my lap (rare, but it happens), I will use a standard admonishment like "you should have thought about this before you misbehaved" and then command them back over my knee.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Talking spanking with friends/neighbors?? - recent summer spankings

Author:
Deb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:58:25 08/06/12 Mon

Cute story about the splinter. As for pleas and promises, get them every time. There is a period before the spanking where I listen to what the guilty one has to say. There have been few times over the years when I've reduced the punishment to something else because of something I didn't know up until that moment. As a mom I feel it important to know what the child was thinking when they did the deed and to help them understand why it was wrong and how to act in the future after which it gets carried out.

Author:
Alfred (for Ann)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:08:55 08/04/12 Sat

I had a good friend whose dad made a spanking paddle for her and her sisters. It was fine for spanking. Worked "great" in terms of the effects. She said she would see it hanging in the closet and vow not to feel it. But, on occasion she did. Once she got a paddling and somehow ended up with this peculiar post-spanking pain. She went to the mirror and discovered a tiny but visible splinter. She didn't want to make her dad feel bad so she and her mom got some tweezers and out it came. It was too tiny to keep as a trophy but she said that she thought about keeping it in her diary! So, suggest to hubby that he should be conscientious about sanding and rounding off the edges and corners. Also, in spite of the lore on this forum, holes are a bad idea. Even carefully countersunk holes can pull at and injure skin. Any paddle stings plenty; no one's bottom should be put at risk. If he drilled holes, he should fill them up with plastic wood, and move on.

It will be interesting to hear how the other moms respond to the pleas and promises. Especially when the recipient seems genuinely contrite and sincere (as I always was -- right from the first spank on!) While inconvenient, I cannot think of a more human desire while being spanked than to wriggle. If it leads to a temporary escape, well that too seems forgiveable!

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Talking spanking with friends/neighbors?? - recent summer spankings

Author:
Ann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:45:09 08/06/12 Mon

Alfred, the new paddle started out as a simple white-ish colored stick of scrap wood that was in our garage. Looking at it now, I guess it is a little less than one foot long, so it is several inches longer than my brush, but not quite as thick nor as heavy. It was originally a longer stick, so my husband sawed it down and, yes, he said he sanded it quickly before the first use. Also it was not too wide (maybe three inches?) that the first spanking he just used the rectangular stick. Afterwards he cut a handle, and says if needed it will be used again in the future. It looks small, but based on it's first use without a handle in reality it should be perfect for that intended use.

And there are no holes in it.

We talked for some time about him using my brush, but he said if needed he would make a paddle to use. Maybe like in another thread he thinks the brush is a "mom's tool!"

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Talking spanking with friends/neighbors?? - recent summer spankings

Author:
Alfred (for Ann)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:59:43 08/11/12 Sat

Safety is an absolute first priority. Spankings should never be injurious or abusive and paddles with holes, in spite of their alleged saftey record on this forum, are notoriously hard on the skin. So, I am very glad your husband is not using an unsafe spanking implement.

I was surprised once to learn that the hairbrush my dad and his siblings felt was usually wielded by my granddad. I too had assumed that it would have been my grandmother. She and the hairbrush seemed the perfect couple! But apparently not so you can share this anecdotal fact and maybe your husband will have more respect for the hairbrush. I don't think he would think it is a sissy implement IF he had ever felt it. Perhaps, on a private occasion you could offer a demonstration. Like the declined demonstration I once had offered of the effectiveness of the fly-swatter, I predict that your husband will decline a demo of your hairbrush. From your descriptions of it, I would be quite confident that it has adequate "oomph" as you put it.

Author:
Dawn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:42:05 07/19/12 Thu

I have to agree that summer spankings seem to happen more often. Hubby has given one and I have given two since school ended, most recently two weeks ago.
Do you find you use more punishments of all kinds thsi time of year?

Author:
Greg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:52:50 07/19/12 Thu

I agree Dawn I get more spanking during the summer I don't know why maybe its more because im home more during the summer, I get spanked by my mother more often and mom spanking hurt more then dad do she uses a hairbrush but dad only spanks by hand.

Author:
Dawn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:34:20 07/24/12 Tue

During our recent mom's get together one of the mom's told us that she had to use the strap twice since our previous get together. We started talking and all agreed that summer means more spankings. Ours are all behaving like angels since the last one.

Author:
Cory to Dawn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:23:24 07/24/12 Tue

Dawn- what did you have to spank for? How was the most recent spanking given? How do they all act like angles? what do you mean?

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Talking spanking with friends/neighbors?? - recent summer spankings

Author:
Dawn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:15:48 07/25/12 Wed

For being dis-respectful to neighbor's. Given the way we usually give them. Pants down over the knee with the hairbrush. The word was angel's. They are all being well behaved, doing their chores, being on time for meals, not back talking.
How does it get done in your house?

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.