VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:54:37 12/11/15 Fri
Author: more
Subject: Talk to your doc, but if he/she won't listen, don't stop talking.
In reply to: Mom 's message, "I thinkI am suffering from depression. On the surface I probably" on 06:56:37 12/10/15 Thu

If you are asking, you probably really need help. If your doc won't provide, help, don't stop there. Call a counselor, call another doc, call someone. If your doc doesn't give you help, don't just stop. Can you get someone close to you to help you find help? It can be overwhelming to think about telling anyone -even your doc- if you can get someone to help make sure you get help, it will be better for you.

My niece was told by her doc that she was just feeling normal college overload of a very difficult major and not to worry about it. She approached him twice with it in the beginnings of "something isn't right". Eventually she tried to commit suicide and dang near succeeded. She spent 3 days in a coma and no one was sure if she would wake up and if she did if she would have brain function beyond a toddler. Beyond all hope, she woke up fine and terribly embarrassed. No loss of brain function at all. She is now in counseling and (the biggie, I think) on antidepressant / anti-anxiety medication. That was a year ago and she is doing great.

Please ask for help and ask for it until someone is willing to hear you.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.