VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:01:59 06/25/16 Sat
Author: -
Subject: Ahh the wonders of Facebook/Instagram, at least in my dd's day she didn't know about it until someone let it slip ages afterwards by mistake...more...
In reply to: see inside for details 's message, "any experience with this? DD having problems with friends" on 03:54:55 06/25/16 Sat

Teenage girls are the worst aren't they! I guess if they really cared, they would not be posting pictures that they know full well your dd will see.

Your dd could say something to them but they will have all sorts of reasons why they didn't invite her. There's no point being confrontational with them, but she could definitely let them know that she was hurt that they lied to her. I just told my dd that your school/dance friends do not have to be your friends for life, she can still be friends with them but a true friend will come along. I told my dd that as they get older, people change and people that you once had lots in common with, change their views and may no longer be the perfect match for you. It doesn't mean they are bad or that they can't sill be acquaintances, it just means they are not the one you share your deepest thoughts with.

It's been a few years now, but my dd has since made dear friends with a girl who came to our dance school from another state, they clicked straight away. She also made new friends at college and never sees the other girls who excluded her. People just change, your dd is hurt now but she will be fine and find more caring friends that better suit her eventually ( not saying that she still can't be friends with these other girls of course, we all have falling outs with friends at one time or another).

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.