VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:22:55 10/24/16 Mon
Author: not always the most supportive place
Subject: I have to agree as well..
In reply to: Not good. 's message, "This is the first time I have posted in a couple of years. Reason ( see in side)" on 12:37:12 10/08/16 Sat

There are some real bullies on these boards - some people who really feel they need to be right, make assumptions about you based on something you posted. I once replied on another board to a post supporting someone who I felt was really getting bullied and I was accused of being that person, responding to my own posts. I felt so bad for the bullied person because they were being accused of doing that when all I was doing was trying to help, though of course the person knew I came to their aid. The bully said that my tone and manner of writing was exactly like the person who had posted so of course we were one and the same and that I couldn't fool them and how pathetic I was.

On this board, people sometimes come with real personal questions - not just a question about a rule that people can get uppity about. When it is something personal you ask or you just want to vent and someone says you are being "too sensitive" or "most people wouldn't be so offended by what you are offended by" or chastised me for not being charitable when someone did something rude to me that upset me. "Oh surely the person didn't mean it" and "I'VE always found it is better to be charitable and isn't it the Christian thing to do to give people the benefit of the doubt? You should." It can be a real negative experience.

For myself, I used to post for compassion and sympathy, not to be told my I was wrong. So that's why I no longer ask any questions on this board.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.