VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:08:02 11/14/16 Mon
Author: American
Subject: It's a mixed bag of tricks and not easy to explain: more-
In reply to: - 's message, "I am not from the US so obviously don't know fully what is happening over there, but what I don't understand is. More..." on 12:06:59 11/13/16 Sun

Part of the anger and behavior that's been witnessed last week (and in the last year) comes from extreme frustration on both sides. Emotions are running high and the media does not help. Every action and reaction is played out which then confirms the anger of various groups. It's a snowball effect. Whether or not someone voted for Trump, and whether or not someone voted for Clinton, is (to some people) indicative of that person's entire belief system (i.e. you voted for Trump so you are a racist; you voted for Clinton so you support a corrupt criminal). These are the two most disliked candidates in many people's memory. There would be riots, crying, anger and frustration no matter who had won the election. Everyone's fear is that all hell is about to break loose and they don't seem to realize that their behavior contributes toward all hell breaking loose. Many people are not understanding everything that went into why some people voted for Clinton or why some people voted for Trump. In many cases, it was not voting for someone, but against the other. There has been poor behavior demonstrated by both sides and I'm praying everyone finds a way to try to contribute toward moving things in a positive direction rather making things worse because they fear things will be worse.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.