VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:39:18 11/14/16 Mon
Author: pp
Subject: Thanks for your responses, the social pressure aspect is interesting. I think every country has an element of this, but as you said, they keep quiet and now these people have been...more...
In reply to: Nothing else to say really 's message, "God Help America" on 22:13:28 11/08/16 Tue

...given "permission" to show their true self.

Trump is a very clever business man, he knows how to get what he wants. I think he was well aware of this previously silent percentage of the community and in order to get them onside, told them what they wanted to hear, got down to their level saying, "see I'm just like you" and they took that as validation to behave in the same way.

I really hope now that he has the job he wanted that he turns it around and sets a better example. The worrying aspect for me is that there are people, and not just in the USA, I am talking everywhere, who think it's ok to mock a disabled person, call people awful names and much worse, and say "yes, this man speaks for me". I would love for the new President Trump to stand up when he is sworn in and say "Look, I just said those things to get you to vote for me ok?" I know that won't happen but it would be nice!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.