VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:19:27 11/15/16 Tue
Author: (The "just said those things" part)
Subject: Ha, with this chucklehead, it just might happen! (more)
In reply to: pp 's message, "Thanks for your responses, the social pressure aspect is interesting. I think every country has an element of this, but as you said, they keep quiet and now these people have been...more..." on 12:39:18 11/14/16 Mon

I voted for him and full well expect him to renege on much, if not most, of what he said. The guy is a liberal, but he's not an ideologue. Both conservatives and liberals will be able to convince him of some of their ideas. Pitch it to him and, if it makes sense and looks like it will work, he'll buy it. I think this could be grand! Politics is supposed to be about compromise, not stomping on the face of your opponent.

I, too, hope that he sheds the campaign persona. But, guess what? It actually *is* ok to call people names and mock people....in the legal world. Pulling that crap stands a lot more for me than the illegal actions of his opponent stood for me. Both were lousy candidates. He was mean and nasty. She was entitled, arrogant, and (the deal breaker), criminal. She presents nicely, but scratch the surface and you'll see all the nastiness that Trump is not afraid to let shine. Everyone had to pick their poison and for some to judge/hate others, take it so personally, get so hysterical is ridiculous.

If people are worried that their rights will be rolled back and the government is now going to come after them, they should ask themselves how concerned they were for fellow Americans whose rights *were* rolled back and the government *did* come after them. Note their own hypocrisy. The DoJ, EPA, and IRS were all used to go after "enemies" and the country just shrugged. Now, it's the limited govt people who are just shrugging at your fears. Where were the safety pins in support of those actual victims?

(You might want to look up "did trump really mock a disabled man?" and see some background on it. Doesn't suddenly make him a wonderful guy, but it's actually an unfair portrayal that people keep claiming as accurate.)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.