VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:19:43 11/15/16 Tue
Author: :-)
Subject: I like this idea of him not being an ideologue, taking in a variety of ideas, and pushing the best one
In reply to: (The "just said those things" part) 's message, "Ha, with this chucklehead, it just might happen! (more)" on 04:19:27 11/15/16 Tue

I'm a little bit wary of it actually happening though because so far his cabinet seems to be filling up quickly with ideologues rather than with a variety of ideas. I do hope he's able to reinvigorate "made in America" but at the same time, I'm concerned that doing so raises the cost of goods (as it should) and this will come as an unpleasant surprise to Americans. To make it work, we'd have to do a giant shift away from the current system of buy lots of cheap stuff very often.

Of course it's OK to be rude, but it certainly isn't a goal, nor is it the predominant trait we want in our communities. It isn't productive. It's the easy way out, the selfish route. And it certainly isn't the example I want set for my children nor is it the manner in which I would like to be represented. Fortunately, this is a fixable trait.

I think it is really really important for Trump supporters like yourself, who weren't interested in his racist traits, to stand up loudly against the beatings that are happening - the acts that take those "mean things" Trump said and turn them into violence against our neighbors. And yes, I'm also speaking out against liberal protesters who are going beyond marching and protesting to violence and vandalizing. Both are wrong, and destructive to the fabric of our communities and our country.

It's dishonest to say that Hilary is a criminal (AND say that that is the "deal breaker" but not mention the fraud, assault, and broken contracts that litter Trump's history ... complete with an actual trial happening within the month.

You're right that I did not pay attention to what rights were rolled back under the current government, can you fill me in?

That said, I agree that it's completely dishonest for people to say now "this guy can't be president because I disagree so strongly with him" when they spent the last 8 years saying "tough, he's our president elected fair and square." I also think we all forget that the point of democracy is that there are multiple viewpoints at play and that if ONLY our people were in charge, suddenly it wouldn't be democracy.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.