VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:53:33 11/15/16 Tue
Author: American
Subject: I was a little afraid to re-visit this page; afraid of how people may be behaving, but I found reading everyone's point of view to be very interesting. More-
In reply to: Nothing else to say really 's message, "God Help America" on 22:13:28 11/08/16 Tue

There are some really intelligent responses here. Obviously, everyone has their own opinions, but reading different people's perspective gives us food for thought. I would even argue that many of the opposing opinions are all accurate. That's what makes this so complex. There are so many factors to consider; so much at play here. Even when one statement seems completely truthful, the exact opposite belief can be as equally truthful. I particularly appreciate the poster who commented on the contributing factors of "absolutism". I find myself frustrated with both sides in their inability (or unwillingness) to avoid viewing the other through a narrow prism. I find myself defending my friends to my other friends, and then defending those friends to the other side back again. It would be easier to see things so definitively. I'm sure it's more comfortable to be so firmly anchored on one side. I just don't think it's productive in bringing progress. We need to keep our eyes on the desired end result and find our best path toward it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• As an Australian, I like that he has decided to not accept the Presidential salary. Our own Prime Minister is a millionaire in his own right... -- pp, 12:34:11 11/15/16 Tue
  • I agree whole-heartedly with your sentiment of not understanding the rioting in the street mentality from either side.-- -- anon, 13:29:36 11/15/16 Tue
  • A large part of the rioting in the streets is bc (NT) -- He lost the popular vote, but still "won" the election :(, 14:56:01 11/15/16 Tue
    Post a message:
    This forum requires an account to post.
    [ Create Account ]
    [ Login ]
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.