VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:34:11 11/15/16 Tue
Author: pp
Subject: As an Australian, I like that he has decided to not accept the Presidential salary. Our own Prime Minister is a millionaire in his own right...
In reply to: Nothing else to say really 's message, "God Help America" on 22:13:28 11/08/16 Tue

His wife is also a successful and wealthy woman, he still accepts the salary as did everyone before him.

I like that Trump has made that statement. It makes me feel more positive towards him, if only very slightly. I am hoping that it is a sign of things to come.

I too do not understand the "rioting in the streets" mentality from either side, it just makes no sense and makes them look like spoilt children having a tantrum because they didn't get their way. Hopefully they will come to terms with the idea of Trump as President and calm down. I am not saying they need to be happy about it but, at least find more productive ways to vent their dissatisfaction.

I am a glass half full person, so I am hoping that it isn't the end of the world as we know it that some, especially the media, are making it out to be. Maybe a smart businessman just might be able to turn the country around. That is what I am hoping anyway. I actually think that the media needs to stop stirring the pot just for ratings and social media clicks. It is what it is now, I guess and everyone just has to suck it up and hope that he actually can improve the country as he promised.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.