VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:29:05 12/06/16 Tue
Author: daughter
Subject: As far as seeing signs of your dad (more)-
In reply to: OP 's message, "More" on 19:39:03 12/03/16 Sat

It may not happen right away and it may not happen the ways in which you would hope/expect. If you are desperate to see the signs, I actually think it may take longer. I think we get messages when we are meant to get messages. And it may not be until you have moved through your grief more. My advise is not to look for profound experiences (although I've had a couple of those), but for little whispers that he is there. It could be a meaningful song at an appropriate moment, or a symbol, animal, etc. that seems to have a connection. Sometimes something will happen that just seems to not be a coincidence. I think it's important to open your heart and mind to the signs, but without constantly looking for them. I think it also helps to think of the people he has been reunited with- his parents, grandparents, possibly siblings and friends, Imagine the wonderful, joyful reunion he experienced. As far as the holidays go, you probably just need to go through the motions this year. Continue the traditions you've always participated in, especially for the sake of your kids. Maybe you and your children can come up with a new tradition specifically to honor your dad (and maybe even the other family members who have already crossed over). I lost both of my parents unexpectedly, so I understand feeling angry about not having more time. There are things I would have told each of them if I had known my time was limited. I know I just have to say them now and believe they can hear me. I also remind myself that I know certain things without my children having to verbalize them to me. My parents must know these things as well. There are so many people who are in the same boat as you. I hope it brings you a tiny bit of comfort to know many of us are missing our parents right now.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.