VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:13:58 12/09/16 Fri
Author: OP
Subject: Thanks for taking the time to write this
In reply to: daughter 's message, "As far as seeing signs of your dad (more)-" on 10:29:05 12/06/16 Tue

I think I was upset about not seeing signs because I felt like I wasn't there for him in his final days on earth. I emailed/texted/spoke to him often, but in the week before he died I was wrapped up in other stuff (which seemed so urgent at the time, but I realize now was so unimportant). He hadn't been feeling well for a few days, but I didn't find out until after he died. I am wracked with guilt that days had gone by without my talking with him. I would have dropped everything to take him to a doctor or hospital. I wonder why he didn't let me know he wasn't feeling well. I can't help but think he felt abandoned and alone when he died, and that he'd still be here if I had just picked up the phone that day to check on him. He was always taking care of everyone else, and there was no one there to take care of him. It just felt like he was ripped away from me, and then there was nothing. I wanted to get a sign or a dream about him, but it's just been emptiness.

I know it will take time to get through this, and realize there are so many people out there who have experienced loss. Your comment about parents knowing things without children verbalizing them brought me comfort. I hope he knows all the things I would have said if we had more time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.