VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:19:40 01/01/17 Sun
Author: -
Subject: I would say this..There is no time limit on you giving back, you must look after yourself and your family first, then and only then, add in extras if there is time..more...
In reply to: :-) 's message, "Thanks everyone - it's the volunteering that I'm struggling with at the moment. I have been given a lot and feel I should give back." on 14:45:00 12/30/16 Fri

You can volunteer later, when the kids are at college or just when you find that you have more time. The others that you see that seem fine are probably looking at you and thinking the same thing.. "How does she do it?"

If you want to volunteer now, pick one and commit to one day per week, or whatever you can easily fit into your schedule without over committing yourself.

There's no point running yourself into the ground just so that you can help others. Help yourself first or you will be of no use to anyone. You hopefully have many, many years ahead of you, there is plenty of time give to others when your life is less hectic, it doesn't all have to be done now.

Slow down, you have the right to enjoy your life, we are not on this earth to spend it stressed out and miserable. You don't want to look back when your kids have moved out and wonder where all those years went. Give yourself permission to just do nothing sometimes, it's ok, you are allowed!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.