VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]
Subject: WHAT IF Rubio drops out BEFORE March 15? Please assume that it DOES happen, even if you think it won't.

Author:
What if there were a 2-man Trump-Cruz race on the 15th?
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wed March 02, 2016 23:31:22

This is hypothetical and let me tell you why I think it is UNLIKELY but possible.

For one thing is was UNLIKELY but possible that Chris Christie would do what HE did. And he DID it. As I see it, in this crazy Republican environment, ANYTHING is possible.

Rubio ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY MUST WIN FLORIDA for him to stay in the race. The polls show him trailing Trump by 20 percent or more. Even if he wins Florida, he has ALMOST NO CHANCE to get the nomination.

Realizing this, I see a POSSIBILITY (again though unlikely) for Rubio to toss in the towel. Yes, he and Cruz have been "enemies" but their political views are very similar. And neither wants Trump to get the nomination.

So let's say RUBIO DROPS OUT within the next few days. And, assuming he does, what if he asks his supporters to cast their votes for TED CRUZ on "Super-Duper" Tuesday March 15th.

Possibly there could be a deal. I can definitely envision Rubio being a Vice-Presidential running mate to Cruz. Again, though "enemies," they are similar politically.

So Rubio sees the handwriting on the wall and realizes that if he stays in, Trump will WALTZ to the nomination by winning the crucial "winner-take-all" states.

If Rubio drops out NOW (prior to March 15th) and explicitly supports Cruz, it could make a big difference. Or it could change nothing at all.

Again, I ask you, please do not simply say IT WON'T HAPPEN. If you feel that way, I request you do not reply to this post.

But if you do see it as a possibility (even if remote) please do reply and let me know if you agree with me that this is something that can UN-DO Trump.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
If Rubio drops out, I think at best..Trump/Cruz will split the votes - which will make the entire campaign even more toxic.JezThu March 03, 2016 07:42:36
Rubio may drop out before FL. If he loses in his home state, his political career is OVER.TellerThu March 03, 2016 13:33:28

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.