VoyForums

Support VoyForums by visiting our sponsor, www.PainEase.com.

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Injection Story

Author:
Tim
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:14:19 03/06/07 Tue

This is someone else story
My most embarrassing experience was when I was in the 6th grade. I had gotten sick and so my mom made me go to the doctor. Even though I was in the 6th grade, my mom still took us all to the pediatrician's office. What made this visit so bad was that my older brother and sister (9th and 10th grade) and my younger sister (3rd grade) were with us as we had just picked them up from school. My mom was afraid that they might get sick too since I was so sick and so she made them come back to the exam room with us rather than wait in chairs like they usually did. Well, not only did I have to drop my pants once so that the nurse could take my temperature the baby way (which they witnessed), but then the doctor said that they were all fine but that I was really sick and needed a shot. I remember being so embarrassed and scared, and wishing that it was just my mom and me rather than all my siblings there too. To make it worse, my little sister started asking my mom questions when she heard that I was going to get a shot, like where it would have to go and if it would hurt very much. I remember hearing my mom say to her that yes, it would have to go in my bottom and that yes, it might hurt for a minute but trying to convince her that it would make me better so it would be all worth it. While my mom was explaining all that, my older brother and sister didn't say a word but I knew that they realized I was scared. Then when the nurse showed up carrying the huge needle saying that it was time for my shot and that I needed to pull down my pants and lay down on my tummy. This meant that I had to turn away from my family but that at the same time, they had a perfect view of my backside. I told myself I wouldn't cry since everyone was watching, but I had never had a penicillin shot before and the needle stick caused me to jump and then as the medicine went in, I surprised myself again by yelling "ouch" and then crying horribly as the shot went on and on. Afterwards, I couldn't look anyone in the eyes the whole ride home and then quickly escaped to my bed so that I didn't have to see anyone again until morning. To this day, none of my siblings have ever talked about that day in front of me as they know how terrible of an experience it was for me.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Injection StoryTim22:17:00 03/06/07 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.