Thursday, April 10, 2014 – VoyForums News: 'Heartbleed' vulnerability in OpenSSL
VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]7 ]

Namaste India ! The Miss India Discussion Forum

Welcome to Namaste India! - The Miss India discussion forum. Be civilized and respect everyone's views and opinions. You are free to disagree in a civilized manner. Namaste India team consists of Indians located in Bombay, Delhi and various parts of the world who follow Miss India as well as other international beauty pageants closely. Please bookmark the web site by using Ctrl + D on your keyboard. To get in touch with us, send us an email at: pageantcentral@gmail.com

Meaning of Namaste: Namasté or Namaskar (नमस्ते [nʌmʌsˈteː] in Nepali and Hindi (from internal sandhi between namaḥ and te) is an Indian greeting or parting phrase as well as a gesture. Taken literally, it means "I bow to you". The word is derived from Sanskrit (namas): to bow, obeisance, reverential salutation, and (te): "to you". When spoken to another person, it is commonly accompanied by a slight bow made with hands pressed together, palms touching and fingers pointed upwards, in front of the chest. The gesture can also be performed wordlessly and carry the same meaning.

Femina Miss India World 2007: Sarah-Jane Dias was the contestant No. 18 in the Miss India 2007 contest. In the final round, the winning question put to the five finalists was "If you had to convince a rural woman to participate in the Miss India contest, how would you do it?" The winning answer from Sarah-Jane Dias was "I would first remind her that she has every right to such privileges as a Miss India would have. If she wins she could go back to her village and the improvement she would bring about would make the achievement of the pageant irreplaceable." In Mumbai, Sarah-Jane Dias was trained in modelling by Atul Kelkar. At the age of 21, she won a TV talent hunt contest, which gave her a chance to host a Channel [V] show. She was first noticed as a guest on On the Run, a Channel [V] travel show, and later became the host of Get Gorgeous, a supermodel hunt on Channel [V]. In the crossover movie Brides Wanted (2006), Sarah-Jane Dias played the groom's best friend who helps him in his bride hunt. In 2006, she also featured in the video of Australian rock group INXS's Never Let You Go from the album Switch.

Femina Miss India Universe 2007: Puja Gupta dazzled at the Miss Universe 2007 pageant and despite all odds managed to break into the prestigious Top 10 of Miss Universe 2007 Pageant.

Femina Miss India Earth 2007: Pooja Chitgopekar lives in New Zealand. She is doing her MBBS from University of Auckland. Earlier, Pooja won Miss India New Zealand 2002. She was the first runner up in Miss India Worldwide 2003 and Miss Auckland 2002. She worked as a ramp model for New Zealand fashion week. She came to participate in Miss India beauty contest because she believes that Femina Miss India would help her express her opinions. Singer Adnan Sami's question - 'What is the one invention that has changed the face of the world?' - Pooja Chitgopekar's reply was: 'Electricity, as it has brought the industrial revolution. Today we depend on electricity for everything."

Namaste India Chat Room

Get your own Chat Box! Go Large!

Contact us: pageantcentral@gmail.com

Subject: MISS INDIA 1995

Author:
VARGAS DESDE VENEZUELA www.voy.com/211587/
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:24:34 06/26/07 Tue

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Replies:
Subject: VISITANOS..

Author:
VARGAS DESDE VENEZUELA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:05:29 06/21/07 Thu

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Replies:
Subject: MISS WORLD 1996

Author:
VARGAS DESDE VENEZUELA
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:17:31 06/23/07 Sat

Replies:
Subject: BRILLIANT SITE!!!!!!!!!

Author:
allthatbeauty.blogspot.com
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:22:16 06/22/07 Fri

http://allthatbeauty.blogspot.com/

Subject: Countries that repeated the history

Author:
Aparna
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:58:10 05/20/07 Sun

Since 1952, Miss Universe has come a long way. It has entered it 56th year. The year 2007 would see 77 contestants vying for the title. Though talent is not specific to just one country and contestants from all over the world have made it big at the contest, the representatives of selected countries brought back the crown much often.

Top 12 countries that won the Miss Universe title more than once are:

1) United States
Undisputably, the country has produced the maximum number of Miss Universes till date. While between 1954 to 1967, USA emerged winner for as many 4 times, the period between 1968 to 2006 could see three Miss Universe winners. The toltal number of Miss Universe USA titleholders are seven. The years in which Miss Universe reigned are: 1954, 1956, 1960, 1967, 1980, 1995, 1997.

2) Puerto Rico
Not far behind from USA, Puerto Rico has also been the hot favourite in Miss Universe pageants. While the country won the crown for the first time in the year 1970, the second win came only after the hiatus of 15 years, i.e. 1985. The other victories came in the years 1993, 2001 and 2006. In total, Puerto Rico comfortably has five crowns in her kitty.

3) Venezuela:
The first time Venezuela became the part of the history of Miss Universe was 1979. After that there was no looking back for the country. The country go on to win titles in the years 1981, 1986 and 1996. The titles won by the country are four in number.

4) Sweden
1955, 1966, 1984, were the winning years for the country. Total titles won were three.

5) Finland
1952, 1975 were the winning years of the country.

6) Brazil:
1963, 1968

7) Thailand
1965, 1988

8) Philippines:
1969, 1973

9) Australia:
1972, 2004

10) Trinidad and Tobag
1977, 1998

11) Canada:
1982, 2005

12) India:
1994, 2000

Replies:
Subject: Debuts on Miss Earth 2007

Author:
eMiss Earth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:54:07 06/20/07 Wed

06/14/07 Debuts on Miss Earth 2007

Angola, Belize, Guam, Madagascar, Montserrat, Suriname… There are only few from 30 countries which want to participate this year in Miss Earth for the first time. Miss Earth Foundation forecasts that Miss Earth 2007 will be represented by more than 120 counties and territories! (photo: Miss Albania Earth 2007)
info: Miss Earth Foundation

info: www.emissearth.topworld.org

Replies:
Subject: Seven Blunders of the World - Mahatma Gandhi

Author:
Aditya
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:49:27 06/18/07 Mon

The Seven Blunders of the World is a list that Mahatma Gandhi gave to his grandson Arun Gandhi during his last days. The seven blunders are:

* Wealth without work
* Pleasure without conscience
* Knowledge without character
* Commerce without morality
* Science without humanity
* Worship without sacrifice
* Politics without principle

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 2007 Videos

Author:
Namaste India
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:35:11 06/19/07 Tue

For those who missed out the Miss Universe 2007 pageant, you can watch full miss universe 2007 videos at
http://www.youtube.com/bombaycalling

Subject: Greetings to the Monsoon Rains from Mumbai

Author:
I love Rains
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:43:01 06/18/07 Mon

Subject: 2 Princes: Aishwarya Rai and Madhuri Dixit

Author:
Madhuri Dixit Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:58:23 06/18/07 Mon

Subject: Sarah Jane Indiatimes Chat Transcript

Author:
Namaste India
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:24:56 06/07/07 Thu

Transcript of LIVE Chat with Pantloons Femina Miss India’07, Sarah Jane Dias on Monday, April 16, 2007, at 12 noon (IST), Mumbai.

“I don’t like to think myself as just a model.”

Sarah Jane Dias
Pantloons Femina Miss India’07

Joy Lewis> Hi Sarah! Heartiest congratulations on the feat.
Sarah Jane Dias> Hi! Thank you.

Mass> Hello Sarah! How are you feeling after winning the ‘Miss India’ title?
Sarah Jane Dias> I was absolute speechless and still I am.

Hazel> Hi when you where a VJ, did you ever thought that you would go for Miss India pageant?
Sarah Jane Dias> As I have said before I have always carried the dream with me and this year was the right time.

Ashu> Hi, Miss India! I want to know about your future plans?
Sarah Jane Dias> Immediate future plan is to win the ‘Miss World’ title then we shall see what future holds for me.

Mass> Do you believe in fate?
Sarah Jane Dias> I am living it right now. You can’t question fame?

Neo> You are so beautiful. Any beauty tips?
Sarah Jane Dias> Thank you for the compliment! Drink lots of water, have lots of sleep, veggie and fruit juices.

Hajar> I just want to say all the best to you for future, and we love you so much in Morocco.
Sarah Jane Dias> Thanks a ton! Thank you so much! It’s a beautiful place. Believe me you have made my day.

Mok> What are your qualifications?
Sarah Jane Dias> Why Do you want to marry me? I am 5.9 inches tall. I have a nice smile. I completed my schooling from Muscat. I did my BA from Saint Andrews (Bandra).

Ameyarocks> So how is the preparation going on the international pageant?
Sarah Jane Dias> It’s been just a week so right now I am taking time out for my family and friends. It will commence in some weeks. Please keep sending me your prayers and good wishes.

Sreejitrao83> Is Bollywood calling?
Sarah Jane Dias> Not as yet.

Leo> Whom would you like to give credit for your wining?
Sarah Jane Dias> My family (first) then my friends and then myself as I had put my heart and soul into it.

Sharma> Sarah, you are very beautiful and me and my family will pray for you. Aakhir dil hai hindustani
Sarah Jane Dias> You said it absolutely right. I am proud to be an Indian. I am really touched. I am thanking you from the bottom of my heart.

Ash> Do you have an all time favorite Miss India?
Sarah Jane Dias> Sushmita Sen.

Manraj> Your life's mantra?
Sarah Jane Dias> Take one day at a time. I am too honest.

Mass> Would you like to give any tips to our young upcoming models?
Sarah Jane Dias> Don’t ever compromise on your principles. If you believe in your heart that it will it has to happen.

Mass> How do you like to describe yourself; as a model representing India?
Sarah Jane Dias> I don’t like to think myself as just a model. I love to sing, dance and cook. I am blessed with various talents. In me you will find every essence of the modern Indian women. I will not let anybody down.

Sign off Message> I’d like to thank each and every one who sent messages on Indiatimes chat. I am truly pray that people around the world are cheer for me and blessing me. I think that nothing is more important then the love and support that you can receive from another human being. There are so many you. I promise I will not let you down and I will come back with the crown. Love Jane.

Replies:
Subject: MISS WORLD 1993 2ND RUNNER UP RUFFA GUTIERREZ

Author:
Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:11:24 06/15/07 Fri

MISS WORLD 1993 RUNNER UP Charmaine Ruffa Gutierrez of the Philippines has ben ban in Turkey after her husband Yilmaz Bektas who is one of the richest man in Turkey found out that Ruffa was married to another man before he married Ruffa.

Ruffa's marriege to Yilmaz was fake and fraudaccroding to Yilmaz because Ruffa did not filed a divorce and the court has not given yet decision about her marriage to a Filipino-American Richard Loinas in Vegas.

Yilmaz and Ruffa has 2 children . According to Yilmaz the Turkish Gov't and Euroean Union will file charges againts Ruffa for her Adulterous act.

Subject: John Abraham and Aishwarya Rai come together

Author:
John Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:10:54 06/15/07 Fri

John Abraham and Aishwarya Rai have never been paired together before. "But if you close your eyes you can imagine how good both of them will look together," says producer Gaurang Doshi who's all set to bring together the couple in his new mystical musical Happy Birthday.

Subject: Shilpa's new fragrance

Author:
Fred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:19:00 06/15/07 Fri

UK just cannot get over Shilpa Shetty

From Big Brother to Broadway, the actress has won a part in everything. Now, she will have a perfume in her name.

S2, named after her initials, was launched on June 12 at the Courthouse Kempinski Hotel in London.

Other film personalities who have a perfume named after them are Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Lata Mangeshkar and Zeenat Aman.

Subject: Lara Dutta in Jhoom Barabr Jhoom

Author:
Fred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 00:06:44 06/15/07 Fri

I wanted Bobby's lines'
Along with Preity Zinta, Lara Dutta is the other Jhoom Barabar Jhoom babe.

The actress says acting in the flick was the best thing to have happened to her and she got along famously with her co-stars, Abhishek Bachchan, Bobby Deol and Preity. Excerpts:

What comes to mind the moment you hear the words Jhoom Barabar Jhoom?

The first thing that comes to mind when I hear these words is absolute craziness. I think it's the most fun film that I have been a part of and it's definitely translates on screen.

What do you think about the music of Jhoom?

The music of Jhoom Barabar Jhoom absolutely rocks.The first time we heard it we were super-excited and we could not decide which version of Jhoomwe liked best.

Which is your favorite track?

My favourite is the desi version of the title track.

What do you think of music directors Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy?

The trio has done an exceptional job with the music of JBJ. The music is really high on energy, and when we heard it for the first time we were all super excited about it. I also love them and am eternally grateful for doing this really wonderful theme track on my character.

What made you do this film?

Jhoom came to me at a very difficult time -- both my parents were in the hospital when I got a message saying that Shaad was casting for Jhoom and that he wanted to meet me.

I was super-excited but at the same time my focus was on my parents. I remember sitting outside the hospital praying that Shaad would wait for me. I sent him a message saying that I won't be available on the phone for five days.

I just kept praying and hoping that he would wait for me, and not think that I was not interested in doing the movie. But he did wait for me and when I heard the script I knew I really, really wanted to do this film. I think it's one of the best decisions that I have taken.

Tell us something about your character in the film.

My character is the half-Brit, half-Pakistani manager of the Ritz in Paris. She speaks Hindi in a French accent and is very sophisticated and suave. She is drawn to this person who is completely opposite to her in every way and ends up getting hitched to him

Tell us a bit about the styling and the look

Aki Narula who has done the styling for this film has his own quality of this large, extravagant, almost slightly crazy but really young and fun sort of feel. While the whole look was being put together, I was a bit apprehensive about the colours and thought that I might look quite strange on screen. But the result has been absolutely fantastic. But Bobby steals the show in the looks department.

How was it working with Aki Narula?

This is the first time I am working with Aki and I love the fact that he is young, exuberant with a fantastic sense of style. A lot of times designers cut corners, making do with things that would look good on screen but don't really hold together. Aki always has been a perfectionist of sorts so we just keep on everything to look absolutely perfect. We had lots of fun. In fact, he encouraged us to bring our own sense of style. We even went out shopping in London which I don't think he will ever forget.

Any particular outfit from the film you would like to keep?

I had this very classy beautiful black Moschino dress which I think was the most sane outfit in the film. It had a nice cut and felt very chic and 'fresh'.

What was the experience in London and Paris?

The song Ticket to Hollywood was shot in Paris and took almost a week to wrap up. It was freezing cold and I was wearing skimpy clothes. But we had lots of fun and there were lots of movement which took my mind off the weather. I think Vaibhavi Merchant (choreographer) has done an amazing job, managing 100 dancers on the streets of Paris.

London was fantastic too and I really enjoyed working with both Bobby and Abhishek. I think everything just came together. The location was at this beautiful warehouse that was converted into a residence with a railway line running behind it.

Tell us about your experience of working with Shaad.

Apart from the fact that Shaad was the director, I was just really glad that he was on the sets because he was the only other Arian against the three other Aquarians -- Bobby, Preity and Abhishek.

Though I didn't know him personally, I really admired his work in Bunty and Babli. I just felt that being an Arian he probably would have an Arian temper, but he's just one of the sweetest, nicest persons I have worked with.

He is clear about what he wants and has his own brand of madness which makes this film so vibrant and amazing. He is one of the few people who have a conscience.

What about Abhishek, Bobby and Preity?

I was very excited to be paired opposite Abhishek -- the last film we did together was Mumbai Se Aaya Mera Dost, almost two and a half years ago. I think he's one of the actors that I pair best with on screen, and e's really very adorable as a person. He has come a long way as an actor and is so fabulous to work with that you never know what is coming next.

We feed off each other's energy and it worked really well. He is also a fabulous dancer and it was a challenge to keep up with him. I think he went at Jhoom with a vengeance.

Bobby is the 'baby' of the lot and we pamper and mother him. I have worked with him previously and found him very easy to work with. He also very giving and has worked really hard for this film. In fact, I wanted his lines because he has the best ones in the film.

As for Preity, she is one of the sweetest persons I have ever worked with. Normally people assume that two actresses cannot get on with each other and that we'd step over each other's toes, which we literally did!

Both of us were in agony as we kept on stepping over each other's feet while shooting for the grand finale. But we had fun and having that female company on the sets was nice. She is superbly talented and a joy to watch and learn from and I think she completely rocks.

This is your first film with YRF. What was it like?

YRF completely spoils you as an artist, making it very difficult to work with other people after that. It's every actor's dream come true to be able to work with Yash Raj and I am very thankful to have gotten this opportunity this early in my life.

What about Vaibhavi Merchant?

I have worked with Vaibhavi before in Mumbai Se aya mera Dost for the song Saiyyan which she made me move in ways that I never thought possible. I was in agony for a week after that. So when I heard Vaibhavi was going to be on the sets I knew just what to expect.

She is by far one of the best choreographers that we have in the industry today and what I love about her is that she makes you look good irrespective of your limitations.

Jhoom being a musical had a lot of dancing and the final track was really grueling -- almost 17 to18 day schedules where all that we did was dance.

We literally danced to Vaibhavi�s tunes and recovered by doing nothing but soaking our feet in tons of hot water for two weeks.

Any memorable incident that comes to mind during the shooting of the film?

The making of Jhoom was really a memorable experience. Like I said it's one of the few films where we had a blast doing.

But there was this funny incident in front of the Eiffel tower when the wig I was wearing fell off at a very crucial stage in front of the public. It was quite hilarious because everyone thought I was French and that the hair was natural.

Abhishek quickly grabbed it and I had to hide and put back in place.

Subject: She has lost it. She isn't aware that Celina Jaitley was in Top 5 in 2001, Tanushree made it to the Top 10 in 2004.

Author:
Derek
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:48:39 06/14/07 Thu

Subject: I feel like a winner: Puja Gupta

Author:
Derek
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:45:30 06/14/07 Thu

Being amongst the 10 most beautiful women of the universe makes Miss India Universe 2007 Puja Gupta particularly proud.
Tuesday was a celebration of beauty - when the Miss Universe pageant was held in Mexico City - where Miss Japan Riyo Mori was crowned Miss Universe 2007, Miss Brazil Natalia Guimaraes was the first runner-up and Miss Venezuela Ly Jonaitis, the second runner-up . And representing India at this forum was Pantaloons Femina Miss India Universe 2007 Puja Gupta who was among the 10 finalists .
In a telephonic conversation from Mexico soon after the contest , an excited Puja said, "I feel good. And feel like a winner despite not making it to the top three slots." What makes Puja particularly proud is being amongst the 10 most beautiful women of the universe. "India figured in this slot after a good seven years. Naturally then, it was a very special moment for me. Actually , I had very little time to prepare for the competition , but I made the most of it by putting in all I had," she says. What helped her all along was her "optimism , self discipline and inner belief - these have always been my strengths," says Puja.

That's why, till the call for the final five beauties was made, Puja's hopes were up. "No, there were no apprehensions at all," she insists. In fact, when the names of the five final ists were announced, Puja refused to feel dejected. "Being the optimist that I am, I told myself that all of us deserved to win. We were all very good but in a tough competition like this, it really is the judges' call to choose one winner from 78 countries ."

And after a "gruelling but a fabulous time in Mexico city" Puja says she's looking forward to getting back home to have "ghar ka khana and yes, sleep, sleep and more sleep. After all, we had a tough schedule - being up from 4 am to midnight everyday." And above all, to be with her family. "I missed my mother a great deal, she couldn't be with me in Mexico, but I know that her best wishes and prayers were with me throughout." Puja's phone too has been flooded with SMSs from friends and well-wishers . "Everyone's been telling me that I deserved to win. And even though I couldn't bag the Miss Universe crown, I was still a winner," she laughs.

Subject: Post-Pageant Quick Wrap-Up by Rahul @ Tearoom

Author:
Ines
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:35:51 05/28/07 Mon

1. Well-done to Puja for "Saving Face" for India in the major pageants for the 18th year running (placement in either MU or MW).
2) As for Japan, I was sure Brazil was winning up to the end. I would consider it a homage to Ines Ligron's work to modernize Japan from the outdated contestants sent before she took over. I appreciated Tanzania so much...the girl belongs at Fashion Week, not a pageant!
3) To Miss USA, for not only managing to fall flat on her butt, but keep a smile on her face and answer her question with a thousand people booing her in the backdrop. What a classy audience.
4) I can't re-express how happy I am about Puja's placement, but I have to be honest about her performance onstage. So here it goes. The gown she could not change, but it was not the right color for her at all. The big problem areas...a flat, oversprayed hairstyle...make-up job which left a dead, grayish tint, which was only enhanced by her lifeless expressions. Her catwalk was a disaster, and my mouth dropped open when she proceeded to carry the 'train'...again, I am happy but can't overlook the simple details which may have enabled her to contend for a finalist position.
5) I am glad that Femina's "team" is embracing some modern initiatives, like not forcing hairpieces on the girls at the international competition, either clean hair of natural do's. I think they need to spend more time with the contestants on deciding on flattering natural styles. I also appreciate the more modern gown styles used lately. However, the 'gunmetal' on Puja and dark sky blue color used on Natasha were not flattering on their skin tones. It is time to check out the many upcoming designers who can do something different and more fashionable. There was a time when Femina and the fashion industry were complementary. Its time for Femina to re-establish those bonds.

Replies:
Subject: MTV India Youth Icon 2007: Orkut.com

Author:
Namaste India
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:16:41 06/10/07 Sun

It isn't surprising that Orkut.com, one of the most popular social networking site has made it to the Top 5 nominees of 2007 MTV India Youth Icon.

Orkut.com is a friends and social networking site owned by Google.com. It is the most user friendly social networking site and clearly has the best GUI amongst all social networking sites. It ahs left Myspace.com, Friendsters, facebox and many other sites behind.

When Orkut first started, it was only by invitation that you could have an Orkut account, however, things have changed now. Soon after its inception Orkut had major percentage of visitors from USA. Then Brazillians took over Orkut by storm. Around a year ago, Brazil accounted for nearly 75 % of Orkut owners. USA's share declined heavily. India acounted for merely 0.75 % in Orkut's first year.

Things changed since past 2 years.
Today inspite of several users registering each day from across the world, India is the only country increasing its share on orkut day by day. Today the percentage of orkut users stands as below:

Brazil 55.52% (-)
United States 18.93% (-)
India 15.16% (+)
Pakistan 1.32%
United Kingdom 0.57%
Japan 0.40%
Portugal 0.39%
Mexico 0.35%
Canada 0.34%
Italy 0.32%

Visit: http://youthicon.mtvindia.com/
And vote for your Youth Icon.

Here are the Nominees:

1. Orkut.com (A social networking web site)

2. Rang De Basanti (Bollywood movie: 2006)

3. Abhishek Bachchan (Husband of Aishwarya Rai)

4. You

5. Multimedia Cellphone

Subject: TOP 15 MOST BEAUTIFUL INDIAN WOMEN

Author:
Leslie x-x-x
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:02:25 06/07/07 Thu

15)Celina Jaitley (səlina (born 9 June 1981) is an Indian actress. She was crowned Miss India in 2001. She has appeared in several movies and music videos (including the Bombay Vikings' Zara Nazron Se Kehdo video). She was born to an Afghan mother and a Kashmiri father in Kabul, Afghanistan. However she grew up in different cities and mostly spent her time in Kolkata, India. Her father is an army officer and her mother, Meeta Jaitley, is a former beauty queen. She has one brother, who is serving in the Indian army. She has said that when she was young, she
wanted to join the army herself, either as a doctor or a pilot.

She was a finalist in the Miss Universe 2001 contest. In addition to her Miss India win, Celina has won the Miss Margo Beautiful skin, Indiatimes Surfer's Choice, and MTV's Most Wanted awards.

14)Priyanka Chopra, is an Indian actress and Miss World 2000.
In the same year, Lara Dutta and Diya Mirza, both from India, won the Miss Universe and Miss Asia Pacific crowns, in a rare triple.
When she won the Miss World crown, she became the fifth Indian woman to win the title, and the fourth Indian woman to win in a span of seven years.

13)Bipasha Basu (Bengali: বিপাশা বসু), born on January 7, 1979 is a Bollywood actress and a Supermodel. She is the winner of the Ford Supermodel of the World (contest) and now works in mainstream Bollywood films. Her first name means "Deep, dark desire."She is continually listed as one of Asia's sexiest women, along with fellow stars Mallika Sherawat and Aishwarya Rai.

12)Diana Hayden (born 1973) is a model from Hyderabad, India.

She first came to attention when she represented India at the 1997 Miss World pageant. She became a known face when at 24 she won the crown. She became the third Indian woman to win the Miss World pageant. Like the second Indian winner of the crown, Aishwarya Rai, she followed up her win by launching an acting career in the Indian film industry and internationally. She made her debut with a guest appearance but established herself with the film, Ab Bas!. She's 5.8'.

An Anglo Indian, she comes from parents who are separated, but her family was still very close-knit. As a teenager, she was a tomboy, tall and gangly.

Diana also hosts a popular show on the History channel called "Biography".

11)Amrita Rao (born June 17, 1981)is an Indian model and Bollywood actress.
She entered the world of modeling quite by chance, when she auditioned for an advertising film for Fairever Face Cream. She was selected for the film, and since then appeared in a number of television spots for several products.

She made her cinematic debut in the 2002 film Ab Ke Baras, but gained recognition only after the success of her 2003 film, Ishq Vishk, in which her portrayal as Payal earned her the girl-next door image. Success followed for her in 2004 films like Masti and Main Hoon Na. However her following releases Deewaar (2004), Vaah! Life Ho To Aisi (2005), Shikhar (2005), and Pyare Mohan (2006) did poorly at the box office. Her most recent release, Vivah opposite Shahid Kapoor was a universal success. Her performance was well appreciated from critics. Next, she is doing Athidhi with Telugu movie star Mahesh Babu.

10)Diya Mirza Handrich or Dia Mirza , nicknamed Dee, (born 9 December 1981 in Hyderabad,Andhra Pradesh, India) is an Indian model and actress and Miss Asia Pacific for the year 2000. She was also second runner up in the Miss India 2000 beauty contest.
Her father Frank Handrich was a German interior designer; her mother is Deepa Mirza

9)Ayesha Takia (born 1986 in Mumbai, India) is an Indian actress.
According to Ayesha, she has been a model since she was four years old. She appeared in the famous I'm a Complan Boy! I'm a Complan Girl! campaign alongside Shahid Kapoor [1] and also in a music video, Falguni Pathak's Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye, when she was only fifteen. She then appeared in the video, Shake It Daddy, which brought her to the attention of the movie industry, and a few film offers followed.

She signed a contract for Socha Na Tha, then for Taarzan: The Wonder Car. However, delays in making Socha Na Tha meant that Taarzan released first and was therefore her "debut" film

She won the Filmfare Best Debut Award in 2004 for her performance in Taarzan.[citation needed]

She has appeared in a number of films that have done poorly at the box office. However, she has been highly praised for her work in the 2006 Dor, a smaller budget film in which she plays the role of a young widowed Rajasthani woman living in a traditional joint family. She went on to win a Zee Cine Critics Award for Best Actress for her performance in the film Dor. Also in 2006, Ayesha Takia was amongst the top 10 on the listing of India's 50 most desirable women alive, a poll conducted by Zoom, an Indian TV channel.

8)Puja Gupta was the winner of Miss India Universe in 2007. She represeted India in Miss Universe 2007 and placed in the top ten.

7)Sushmita Sen was born on November 19, 1975 in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh. She is a well-known Bollywood actress and was India's first Miss Universe in 1994.

6)Katrina Kaif (born July 16, 1984) is a model and Bollywood actress.
One of eight siblings,she was born to a Kashmiri father and English mother. She was brought up in Hawaii, and started modeling by accident at the age of 14, when she was approached for a jewelery campaign. After that she continued modeling in London.

5)Deepika Padukone, born 1986, is an Indian supermodel. She is also the daughter of former World badminton Champion Prakash Padukone.

==Modelling Career== Deepika has been modelling appearances in print and television advertising campaigns for Liril soap, Close-Up toothpaste and Limca, receiving many prestigious modelling offers, including brand ambassadorship of the Jewels of India, an annual jewellery exhibition. She hit the international scene when Maybelline made her their new international cover face.

At the fifth annual Kingfisher Fashion Awards, for Indian models and designers, she was awarded the title of Model of the Year. Shortly afterwards, she was chosen as one of the models for the Kingfisher Swimsuit Calendar for 2006, thus cementing her reputation as a supermodel. She also bagged two trophies at the Idea Zee F Awards in 2006 - Female Model of the year (Commercial Assignments) and Fresh Face of the year..

4)Riya Sen (born Riya Dev Varma in Kolkata, India on January 24, 1981) is an Indian film actress and model. She is often regarded as a sex symbol.

3)Amruta Patki is the Pond's Femina Miss India-Earth 2006. She represented India at the Miss Earth 2006 pageant. She was chosen as the Miss Earth Air 2006 (a title given to the first runner up in this competition). She finished second among 80 competing delegates from other countries. Miss Chile, Hil Yesenia Hernandez was the eventual winner of Miss Earth 2006.
The 21-year-old dusky Indian beauty had earlier also bagged the Best in Long Gown award wearing a stunning, hand-painted Hemant Trevedi creation.

2)Lara Dutta, (born April 16, 1978) is an Indian actress, UNFPA Goodwill Ambassador and the 2000 Miss Universe.

AND NOW THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN INDIA AND IN THE WORLD

1)Aishwarya Bachchan née Rai (born November 1, 1973), is a three-time Filmfare Award-winning Indian actress. She was Miss World in 1994 and has acted in Hindi, Tamil, Bengali and English films. Rai is married to Indian actor Abhishek Bachchan and is daughter-in-law to Amitabh Bachchan.

4 Star Screen Awards
3 Filmfare Awards
3 IIFA Awards
4 Zee Cine Awards
3 Z Gold Awards

2002, Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in Field of Entertainment
2004, GR8! Women Award for Contribution to Cinema
2004, Global Foreign Artiste Debutantes to Mainstream Media Award
2004, F Awards-For Excellence in Indian Fashion - Female Celebrity Model of the Year
2005, MTV Immies Best Performance in a Song - Kajra Re
2007: Stardust Star of the Year Award - Female for Dhoom 2

Femina Miss India
1994, Miss Catwalk
1994, Miss Miraculous
1994, Miss Photogenic
1994, Miss Perfect Ten
1994, Miss Popular
1994, Miss India World (Winner of the title)

International Honors
1994, Miss World 1994
2000, Most Beautiful International Titleholder of All Times Gold Medal Winner
2000, Most Beautiful Miss World of All Times-Received the highest score of 9.911[49]
2003, Cover of Time Magazine
2003, Official Cannes Jury Member
2004, Wax London's prestigious Madame Tussauds Wax museum
2005, British Govt’s Next Step World Diversity Champion Award

Replies:
Subject: PHILIPPINES WINS MISS PHOTOGENIC AGAIN !!!!

Author:
OMG
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:32:22 05/29/07 Tue

OH MY GOD .. PHILIPPINES WINS THE MOST AWAITED AWARD WHICH IS MISS PHOTOGENIC AWARD, SHE IS ANNA THERESA LICAROS OF THE PHILIPPINES!

PHILIPPINES HAS 7 MISS PHOTOGENIC AWARDS AND THE ONLY COUNTRY TO HAVE MANY AWARDS MEANING TO SAY PHILIPPINE CANDIDATES ARE THE MOST LOVE AND WATCHED BY THE PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD! SO WHY NOT LET HER WIN??

ANYWAY... IT ONLY PROVES PHILIPPINE WOMEN ARE VERY BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Replies:
Subject: Miss Venezuela-Earth 2007 was crowned.

Author:
Lee Dong Wook
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:39:08 06/08/07 Fri

Check it out at www.asian-invasion.co.nr.

Subject: Miss India at Miss Universe 2007

Author:
Fred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:33:47 05/28/07 Mon

Replies:
Subject: Russia, South Africa and Yukkks Puerto Rico

Author:
Russia rocks. SA is sexy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:05:31 05/20/07 Sun

Replies:
Subject: Sarah Jane Bio on Channel [v]

Author:
Namaste India
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:06:47 06/07/07 Thu

VJ SARAH-JANE

¤ I go by: Sarah-Jane Dias aka KiKi.

¤ Years since I bawled out of my mom: 21.

¤ I've pulled the stars to form: Sagittarius.

¤ First words outta my mouth: Who turned off the music?

¤ Worst nickname: Saira Jaan.

¤ Last place on earth you'd find me: A rave.

Runnin Wild

¤ Breed of dog I am: Labrador.

¤ Last time I felt 4 years old: When I walked into my empty apartment and said, " Mom I'm hungry".

¤ And you thought I was perfect: I have pictures of me and my friends dressed as the Spice Girls!

¤ My life as a movie: You'll be reading the script by the time you're done with this questionnaire.

¤ 5 actors I would kill to go out with: Hugh Jackman, Tay Diggs, Brad Pitt, Colin Farrell, Will Smith, Orlando Bloom - oops, did you say only 5??!!! he he.

¤ Superhero I am: Cheetara from Thunder Cats.

¤ Moonlighting: A PR executive at a fancy hotel.

¤ Dressed as a man I would hit on: Angelina Jolie.

¤ Tuned in: Killin me softly.

¤ If I had to kill someone I would: ?????? You really expect me to answer that?

¤ Soul food: Music.

¤ Soul poop: Clothes.

¤ I've crapped on: I'm ALWAYS the victim of pranks.

¤ The crows sh** on me: CAN'T REMEMBER the last time a prank was played on me. Like I said, I'm ALWAYS the victim.

¤ Hammocks R Us: On the Run!!!! Definitely the coolest trip ever.

¤ If I had to sweat I would: Play basketball.

¤ With: Jordon baby!!!

Deeper Underground

¤ The one thing I'd run out with if my house was on fire: My music.

¤ Maximum drool factor: My 9th grade English teacher.

¤ I swear by: R n B, The Alchemist, seafood.

¤ I'd pee in my pants: If I came face to face with creepy crawlies, anything with more than 4 legs!

¤ I wanna be immortal for: My fangs!!! he he he.

¤ My best friend calls me: Ha ha, they call me Goosey! Cause I apparently look like one!

¤ I would sell my soul: For a chance to sing with Sting.

¤ I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole: Marmite!!!

¤ My mantra you might wanna chant: I love me!!

Subject: When Lara won

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:46:49 06/04/07 Mon

I have been a pageant fan from long time and i have seen many miss universe videos on youtube.. But the one i missed was the crowning of lara.. i felt so emotional when i saw it... I am Indian!! She deserved it so much.. Notice how Miss Venezuela was confident of her victory.. She told her before announcement - I know its u.. She was just waiting to clap for Lara and hug her.. She is according to me the most gracious runner-up byfar..

Replies:
Subject: Dave Navarro liked Miss India!

Author:
JK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:33:57 05/30/07 Wed

The following is from Dave's website www.6767.com and he talks about his time there as a judge.

Such an amazing time in Mexico for the Miss Universe show. Evidentially there is some controversy about the winner as there always is but I can tell you for sure, that we, the judges, were not influenced in the least by anyone or anything. It was a straight up and fair panel and collectively, we were very happy with Miss Japan taking the crown. Frankly, I was happy to see it go to someone who wasn't your typical pageant girl, but someone who was selected on personality and poise. It was a tough call as Miss Brazil and Miss Venezuela were serious contenders, but at the end of the day, Miss Japan was simply more engaging. As for the Miss USA spill on the stage, that was hard to watch, but she pulled it off and went on and continued to charm the panel. I was pretty shocked by the audience booing her when she made it to the final 5. It was pretty intense. I felt for her, but as it turned out she didn't win so I really didn't see what they were so up in arms about. It was trippy to see how seriously other countries take the contest, as they view these women as representatives of their nations. I suppose that to a degree they are, but here in the US, we kind of just go, "Hey, want to watch Miss Universe or CSI?" So, out of the final 5, I am happy that Miss Japan took it down. However, in my personal opinion, Puja Gupta: Miss India, was the real jewel of the evening. I did my best to champion her, but in the end, I am only one of 10 judges and I guess my efforts got lost in the shuffle. I was able to catch up with Puja for a brief moment at the after party and asked her to appear on SE. She is so charming and I have no doubt that she is going to be one of the ones to watch for in the coming year. Hopefully she will grace us with a few minutes the next time she comes through Los Angeles.

Replies:
Subject: ...

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:20:22 06/01/07 Fri

FRANKLY SPEAKING MARIO LOPEZ LOOKS FAR CUTER AND BEAUTIFUL AND ATTRACTIVE THAN RIYO. WARN YOU, I AM STRAIGHT BUT THE TRUTH IS RIYO.. IS NOT THAT ATTRACTIVE. NO OFFENCE TO HER, SHE WON FAIR AND SQUARE. I JUST FEEL THE MUO SHOULD CHANGE THEIR STRATEGY, RETHINK THEIR FORMAT. THEIR MUST BE A ROUND OF FACIAL BEAUTY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT...

Subject: Celebration

Author:
Miss Ceska Repbulika
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:04:07 05/31/07 Thu

I think this Asian Invasiion message board is kind of interesting. Asian Invasion is celebrating for the Asian victory in the concluded Miss Universe 2007.

Subject: MISS WORLD 2007

Author:
an australian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:57:39 05/30/07 Wed

N NOW DEY HAV ALSO ANNOUNCED IT ON
www.missworld.tv

i already knew it yesterday though...but culdnt cum online 2 tell u guyz

Author:
an australian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:40:11 05/30/07 Wed

FINALLY I HAV GOT THE NEWS EVRY1 IZ WAITIN FOR

MISS WORLD 2007 WILL BE HELD IN SANYA CHINA ON SATURDAY 1ST DECMBER 2007

SO R U GUYZ HAPPY WID DA NEWZ I HAV GIVEN??????

DO POST UR REPLY

I WILL UPDATE U WID ALL LATEST UPDATES ON MISS WORLD 2007 BEFORE NY1 ELZ

Replies:

Author:
an australian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:34:14 05/30/07 Wed

NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS

IAM THE FIRST 2 NOE

MISS WORLD 2007 WILL BE HELD IN SANYA CHINA ON SATURDAY 1ST DECEMBER 2007

Author:
an australian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:26:54 05/30/07 Wed

NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS

IAM THE FIRST 2 NOE DAT

MISS WORLD 2007 WILL BE HELD IN SANYA CHINA ON SATURDAY 1ST DECEMBER 2007

Subject: MISS WORLD

Author:
an australian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:21:10 05/30/07 Wed

NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS
NEWS

MISS WORLD 2007 TO BE HELD IN SANYA CHINA ON SATURDAY 1st DECEMBER

Subject: Puja's performance

Author:
Ankit
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:21:50 05/29/07 Tue

I was satisfied with Puja's performance. People wrote a lot against her on net so I thought she MIGHT just get a bit unlucky and not make it to top fifteen but that dint happen. Surprisingly she cleared the swimsuit round. She finished ninth. Then in evening gown round, I thought she will definitely clear it. She has such a gorgeous face... But her walk was not at all good. She walked like a tomboy. Her gown was also not that nice. She is such a fairy, it should have been easy to design a good gown for her. She finished ninth in evening gown inspite of being the best face in top 10. Angola, Tanzania, Mexico placed above her. I think she was a bit unlucky. Had FMI been in January, she would have got proper time for training and she would have cleard the gown round. She undoubtably has the beauty. Grace could have been added. Anyways whats gone is gone. She did well and gave India its best placement after Celina. (Neha Dhupia finished ninth like Puja, Nikita dint place, Tanu made it to top 10 but i dont think she would have placed above 9th had the scored been there.)

CONGRATS TO PUJA... WE LOVE YOU.. And.. welcome to bollywood...

Subject: Asians dominates Miss Universe 2007

Author:
Philippines land of beautiful women
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:25:09 05/29/07 Tue

MISS UNIVERSE PHOTOGENIC AWARD - Anna Theresa Licaros, MISS PHILIPPINES (3 Consecutive years)

MISS UNIVERSE 2007 WINNER - Riyo Mori, MISS JAPAN

MISS KOREA - 3rd Runner up

MISS THAILAND - Semi Finalist Top 15
MISS INDIA - FInalist TOP 10
MISS CHINA - Miss Congenility

MABUHAY ASIA!!!!!!!
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR !!!!

Subject: New Videos: A Namaste India Exclusive

Author:
Fred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:42:55 05/29/07 Tue

1. Miss Universe 2007 Top 5 Final Question Interview Round

2. Miss Universe 2007 Opening National Costume and Parade

3. Miss Universe 2007 Top 10 Swimsuit Competition Round

Subject: WE ARE PROUD OF YOU PUJA

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:13:57 05/28/07 Mon

They tried a hard to put you down
They tried a hard to put HER up
They tried a hard to boo u
They discouraged u I think not
Inspite of all odds
Puja you succeeded

CONGRATULATIONS TO PUJA FOR BEING THE ONLY INDIAN TO CLEAR AN EXCLUSIVE SWIMSUIT ROUND SINCE 2003...

TOP 10 IS GREAT!!!!!

Replies:
Subject: Miss Universe 2007 Videos - Namaste India Exclusives.

Author:
Namaste India
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:32:47 05/28/07 Mon

Miss Universe 2007 Videos - Namaste India Exclusives.. More Videos coming up soon.

1. Miss Universe 2007 Host

2. Miss Universe 2007 Top 15 - Congrats to Miss India Puja

3. Miss Universe Top 10 - Congrats Miss India

4. Miss Universe 2007 Top 10 Evening Gown - Miss India

5. Miss Universe 2007 Philippines wins Miss Photogenic again!!

6. Miss Universe 2007 - Miss USA Rachel Smith Falls down

7. Miss Universe 2007 - USA's Rachel Smith Booed by Mexicans

8. Miss Universe 2007 Miss Japan Riyo Mori Swimsuit Round

9. Miss Universe 2007 Miss Japan Riyo Mori Evening Gown

10. Miss Universe 20007 Winner Announcement - Miss Japan

Replies:
Subject: It's a Honey Lee Miss Korea

Author:
M
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:33:10 05/29/07 Tue

border=0>

Subject: Brazil would win in 2008?

Author:
Consider this
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:26:53 05/28/07 Mon

dnt wori brazil will win next year...
consider this:

runner up: Puerto Rico
winner: CANADA

runner up: Japan
winner: PUERTO RICO

runner up: Brazil
winner: JAPAN

runner up: ?
winner: BRAZIL

Subject: Top 15

Author:
European Fan
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:32:09 05/28/07 Mon

Venezuela
Thailand
Denmark
Nicaragua
Angola

Slovenia
USA
Brazil
India
Mexico

Japan
Ukraine
Tanzania
Korea
Czech Rep

Subject: Congrats Puja

Author:
Namaste India
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:26:12 05/28/07 Mon

CONGRATS PUJA for making it top top 15

Inda
Korea
Japan
Thailand

all in Top 15
Tanzania made it too
denmark ukraine
czech republic
usa
mexico
nicaragua
venezuela
brazil
angola

Subject: Belgium and Ecuador Impressive

Author:
Fred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:03:55 05/28/07 Mon

Belgium and Ecuador Impressive

Girls parading in national costume

Beligum speaks va va voom

Subject: Miss Universe Videos on Namaste India - Stay Tuned

Author:
Fred
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:49:48 05/28/07 Mon

Hi Pageant Fans!
Namaste India would try and bring you exclusive Miss Universe 2007 video.
Stay tuned

Subject: Malaysia, USA, Poland, Tanzania, Uruguay & Serbia

Author:
Francis
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:13:53 05/26/07 Sat

Dorota Gawron, Miss Poland 2007; Flaviana Matata, Miss Tanzania 2007; Giannina Silva, Miss Uruguay 2007; Snezana Buskovic, Miss Montenegro 2007; Adelaine Chin, Miss Malaysia 2007; Rachel Smith, Miss USA 2007, and Viktoria Azovskaja, Miss Estonia 2007, rehearse for the Miss Universe 2007 competition at the Camino Real Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico on May 25, 2007.

Replies:
Subject: All that beauty

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:20:25 05/26/07 Sat

Hie.. friends... I am doing this tedious task of going through all pics of prelims and then making a prediction list. I wish to name the top 5 this time... rightly... Here is my first attempt to make prediction list.. i have went through pictures of all girls who I though have atleast little potential to win. I really wish to get a lot of criticism for this list coz it wil only help me improve the list...

TOP 5--
USA (SHE SEEMS TO BE THE PROBABLE WINNER)

She is the star of the batch. You can spot her in any group. She first competed in Miss Teen USA and failed to make it to top 5 inspite of giving rocking performances. Then she worked very hard and came back with a bang in 2007 to win the Miss USA pageant extremely conveniently. I believe streak will continue. She is just too bright and glittering to be ignored.

Venezuela
She is extremely well-prepared. After the failure of the country in recent years, this girl seems to be here to avenge someone,,, by winning it all!!!!

South Africa
Well I loved her in beginning of the competition but no one recognised her. I thought she will glitter in prelims but there she repeated her gown and her ss was also not superb. I still she a probable top 5 in her.

Japan
I loved her prelim performance.. So what she has not that good face, but her gown.. her presentation.. wow!!!!!

Thailand
She seems to be very nervous at times,,,, may be coz she really wants it. She delivers when time demands. She is tall beautiful .. lets see...

TOP 10--
Mexico (she is from host country + shez good)
Puerto Rico (what a body, nice gown)
Colombia (she was great to watch in ss round)
Italy (nice body, good gown)
Greece (nice face, tall)

TOP 15--
Korea (cute face, but not great body)
India (WHAT A FACE!!!! BUT body.. not that good)
Angola (great in gown, sensous)
Spain (great face)
Nicaragua (superb face)

So this is my list... COMMENTSSSSSSSSSSSS>...................

And only positive criticism...(dont crim over absence of phillipines...)

look the total review on 28 at allthatbeauty.blogspot.com

KAPOOONKAAAAAA

Replies:
Subject: Puja's Prelim Gown

Author:
Hope it is not final gown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:33:52 05/24/07 Thu

Subject: The Mexican Paparazzo is back

Author:
Global Beauties
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:12:01 05/26/07 Sat

5/27 - The Mexican Paparazzo is back - "Hola amigos! Tomorrow a new Miss Universe will be crowned, and who will be our new reina??? As I said before, I attended the presentation show and could observe our "athletes" (yes, after one month of competition I think we can call them athletes!) from a close distance. Let me begin by saying that this might be the year of the dragon or the blonde, meaning, expect as the winner an Asian or an Eastern European "knock-out".

The girls from Europe: I see Spain as the front-runner in the region, since she is well-liked by all in Mexico, has beauty and performed well last Wednesday night. Estonia and Greece follow her. Estonia is tall, sexy, impressive. Greece has been a favorite since the beginning, and even though her presentation wasn't the best, I am sure she can still pull it. Russia looks like a classical beauty from those old movies, I particularly like her, while Serbia is stunning, sexy, ravishing! Italy surprised us all, let's see how far she can go.

Asia & the Pacific: Korea is perfect. I thought she was good, but on Wednesday she proved to be THE BEST after delivering two flawless presentations. She could (and should) take it all. Japan is her major competition in the group. She also did everything right, but could not reach Korea's perfection level. Thailand is the third WOW candidate from the region, she was amazing, a great surprise. I believe the three above mentioned to be sure bets for semifinal spots, and trying to cause a surprise are New Zealand, Philippines, China and Kazakhstan. India must count on the weight of her sash, she was not really impressive (but could've been saved by a good interview).

South America: Venezuela is the only candidate in the region who I believe will be fighting for the title. Unlike India, Venezuela was able to bring the magic back and regained the trust of Venezuelan fans. Peru is the 2nd best choice in the region, followed by Brazil and Paraguay (at least three of these 4 beauties will be at the semifinals). Bolivia and Ecuador could pull a surprise and even Argentina was able to display excellent runway skills and may sneak into the semifinals (although she's still a very long shot).

North & Central America: I might keep my identity secret after what I am going to say next, but I must be honest. Miss USA is the one to beat in this region. She's been doing a terrific job and should get far in the competition. Our Rosa Maria (Mexico) comes right next, and I am sure, this time Mexico will do well competing at home. Guatemala and Nicaragua are two good reasons for Central American pride. In my opinion, both have made the cut. Then we have elegant Panama, sexy Costa Rica and stunning Canada running as possible surprises (I had Canada as a sure bet, but a wrong gown choice made me change my mind).

Caribbean: no sure bets here, but Jamaica reigns supreme in the Caribbean! She could be the one from this region. Puerto Rico is still strong, although her presentation was pale. I still think that she has a "assured spot" waiting for her (permanent member of the Security Council, remember?). The Dominican Republic literally grew on stage, and many believe she did enough to impress the judges. Long shots who could still at least dream are Aruba, St. Lucia and the US Virgin Islands.

Africa and the Middle East: there are three real contenders here - Tanzania, South Africa and Angola. All three are believed to be capable of even fighting for the title. The others, I am sorry but no chance.

As you know, I say whatever comes to my mind, so here is my opinion about the presentation show's biggest disasters: Georgia was the worst in swimsuit and Belgium in evening gown (sorry girls, you should've put more effort in this!). Strong delegates who should change their gowns at the final night are Nicaragua, Peru, Poland, Puerto Rico, Tanzania and Venezuela.

Who will be the next Miss Universe? Some say Mexico will take it, others believe Venezuela, but I still go with a dragon (Korea, Thailand or Japan), or a blonde (Serbia, Estonia or Russia).

Suerte a todas!"

Disclaimer: We thank the Mexican Paparazzo for taking his time and reporting for Global Beauties. However, his personal opinions do not necessarily match those of GB's editors.

Subject: Miss India National Costume Video from Mexico

Author:
Maria Empiratriz
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:57:16 05/26/07 Sat

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 12345[6]7 ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.