Oklahoma Disaster Relief
VoyForums Notice -- Quick Contributions:|
Donate $10 to the Red Cross: Text the word REDCROSS to 90999
Donate $10 to the Salvation Army: Text the word STORM to 80888
* The charge will appear on your cellphone bill.
[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:45:33 02/22/11 Tue
Author: celtgirl ()
Subject: Because I am glowing with a small sense of accomplishment, I thought I'd write a wee update.
Last week, though I wrote a fair bit, I worked mostly at putting the book in order. Which felt both good and confusing, as I realized the timelines were a tiny bit wonky- I always get to this place, because I don't write chronologically, and I'm always mad at myself when I get here, not to mention my head feels like a mess of snakes inside as well. This has been further complicated by the alternating storylines between Ireland and Russia. However, I think I have made some really good progress this last while. It feels as though I am getting a very shambly hedge in order, clipping and fussing and outright cutting limbs off in some cases. It's funny how it becomes clear where some things fit, and that others simply have to go, because they don't fit (some of which I was really quite fond).
Anyway the first four parts are done completely- barring all the editing, of which there will be plenty I am sure, though in that respect the first three parts are in good shape too, thank you to my editing whiz. :) Part Five is pretty much done too, I just need to knit one chapter together in a couple of spots. Six is pretty much done as well, though it needs more intensive labour than five. Six, seven and nine are in rough shape, eight is only a tiny bit better and ten is finished altogether, with epilogue in place. I may just make my self-imposed deadline of late spring.
Now, I will feel smug for about half an hour while I make more coffee and grab a snack, but then I will take a good look at Part Five and start to despair. It's all good though, it's just part of the cycle.
Last edited by author: Tue February 22, 2011 14:47:13
Edited 1 time.
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
- Congrats on the progress!! (NT) -- Peggy, 15:37:29 02/22/11 Tue
- Oh that's fantastic girl!!! Yay! I'm so glad you are feeling good about the progress :-) (NT) -- Mahri, 16:04:57 02/22/11 Tue
- I've got this image in my head of you sitting there with this wobbly stack of papers and your trying to get them lined up nicely, but there are just some that are not cooperating so you just throw them up into the air and then get back to straightening. :-) I wish you the best as you work through those sections! I know it will all be great once you've gotten all those ducks in a row. :-) (NT) -- Lil, 16:30:54 02/22/11 Tue
- I cant wait to read the Russia stuff! :) Im not going down any further on the board, I like everything new in a book. *g* Treat yourself Cindy! (NT) -- M&M, 18:28:28 02/22/11 Tue
- Such good news! It sounds a bit intimidating, but you are obviously up to the task! (NT) -- Denise, 19:14:32 02/22/11 Tue
- So glad to hear you're feeling real progress is being made on the book (we didn't doubt you for even a second). (NT) -- Carla, 19:19:25 02/22/11 Tue
- I'm so happy for you! I hope nothing impedes your progress until you've finished it all! (NT) -- Elaine, 15:10:17 02/23/11 Wed
- What a lovely place to be in, where you start to feel achieved instead of overwhelmed. Good work Cindy! (NT) -- She, 18:37:26 02/23/11 Wed
- Absolutely fantastic! (NT) -- Tracy, 04:14:29 03/15/11 Tue
- Cindy I haven't been here because I decided I was getting too much info in spoilers so I am SO pleased to read how wonderfully it is coming together in late February I can just IMAGINE that by St. Patricks you are THAT much furthur along! I believe my gift this spring will be a reread so I am ready for the new book! (NT) -- BetsyG, 15:27:15 03/15/11 Tue
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
Forum timezone: GMT-8|
VF Version: 2.94, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.