VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]
Subject: Re: Found on Google

Author:
sceptic
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:57:20 06/13/10 Sun
In reply to: .... 's message, "Found on Google" on 14:16:54 06/09/10 Wed

I agree about not holding your breath. This is the same thing Marmel did to the 2009 contestants. Basically, he announced at the pageant that he was "offering" the pageant to networks. He never said he had one, and as we all know, it was never broadcast. Major disappointment....

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: I GUESS THIS MEANS THAT THE 2010 MRS. AMERICA WILL NOT BE TELEVISED

Author:
THIRD YEAR IN A ROW
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:15:20 06/14/10 Mon

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> [> Subject: Do you all realize how expensive it is to have a TV deal? How difficult it probably is to "sell" a Mrs pageant to a network (it's not very relevant to our society) and how much planning it takes to finalize the deal and the pageant? Let's be hopeful. I think if this is being posted online and emailed to directors that it may very well happen. They didn't make any statements like this last year. At the very least, I'm thrilled the pageant will now be in April.

Author:
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 03:52:49 06/15/10 Tue

[> [> [> Subject: Um it actually was mentioned last year. David Marmel announced at the dinner that he was working with a tv contract to get it on the air and surprise it never happened! Mrs. A is all hype now and Marmel will say anything to try and get his rep back. The same promises were made last year and the year before....

Author:
Been there, done that
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:42:39 06/16/10 Wed

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.