VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567[8]910 ]
Subject: It's not necessary, however judges like it when you go into an interview with a "plan", meaning you already know how you're going to use the title. If you have something you're passionate about and can utilize the title to publicize it, then by all means do it. It will help you tremendously in interview.

Author:
Marney
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:30:06 06/29/10 Tue
In reply to: Planning for the future 's message, "How important do you think it is for state delegates to have platforms? Did last year's winner?" on 12:14:41 06/29/10 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: I agree, 100%.

Author:
m
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:29:05 07/03/10 Sat

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

[> [> Subject: I disagree

Author:
Marney
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:44:32 07/05/10 Mon

I disagree with this. I have judged before and I don't believe anyone needs to have a platform. The interview is about getting to know someone, have a conversation. You don't have to have a community service focus to do that.

[> [> [> Subject: Sorry but judges LOVE hearing that a contestant has a plan of action if selected as the winner. It means that the contestant has thought about it and really means business. Going in to the interview room and just saying "oh I'm here for the fun of it" doesn't cut it.

Author:
Not sure what you've judged but you don't have a clue about this system
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:04:50 07/06/10 Tue

>I disagree with this. I have judged before and I don't
>believe anyone needs to have a platform. The
>interview is about getting to know someone, have a
>conversation. You don't have to have a community
>service focus to do that.

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.