VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:57:31 11/04/14 Tue
Author: Practice Floor
Subject: Do you need a practice floor for a large, level area?

Do you need more practice space? Do you have a large, flat area for a practice floor - but no idea how to construct one? I have a floor that is 12 feet 10 inches deep by 14 feet, 2 inches wide. It is made in sections that are screwed together - each section is 4 feet deep and 14 feet 2 inches wide, except the final section that is 10 inches deep and 14 feet 2 inches wide. The top layer is birch plywood that is floating on 2x4s that are on top of foam matting - so it's easy on the knees. The floor was built last Christmas and did get some use, but not a lot before my daughter retired to pursue other interests.

The floor cost about $800 to build. But it's an item with limited use for non-dancers and the only other option is to tear it out and dump it. I'd rather see it get some use - so the only cost is to come and get it and take it away. That would require two adults (it would be helpful if one was sort of strong and handy with tools) and a flatbed truck or maybe a moving van that could accommodate the 14 foot length. Floor is in NE Ohio, about 1 hour from downtown Cleveland, 1.5 hours from Columbus, 2 hours from Pittsburgh. I can send photos - click on Practice Floor to contact me.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.