VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
Subject: Re: Gone Fishing

Duke from way back
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, November 16, 08:32:21am
In reply to: Coffee 's message, "Re: Gone Fishing" on Thursday, November 15, 05:07:54pm

Coffee, the minute you returned, the chatter picked up. Great to have you back. It has been however a very disappointing, albeit, not necessarily , unpredictable, year. Although we had some fire power back this year what we lost from last year was huge. Remember, we barely squeeked by CCSU,Bryant,Monmouth and Sacred Heart. We then lost 4 strating DBs to graduation and 5, I repeat, 5 senior wide recievers. Huge losses. Losing Loya was also a big loss. I dont think people realied how important he was on the sidelines. Having said that, I have some other observations. Our Qb has been very erratic this year. I dont think we can blame Loebig. When he was a sophomore, Loebig was the OC and he did pretty good. He is a senior. He is familiar with the offenses and most of the players and coaches. He did not step up this year. He seems like a great kid and we know he is a superb athlete. He acts like he has senioritis almost and it is a shame that we dont have another QB to give him some real competition to keep him honest. I have heard he may have a sore hand which may eplain the drop in accuracy but that should not affect his decision making. Also, we lost a fantastic DL in Pasodelis. The D is somwhat porous this year although nothing like 3 and 4 years ago. With the d faltering a little bit our 4th quarter heroics are not enough. JS has to be careful. In the end, the coaches have to look in the mirror because when the d plays only one half and o plays only one half, you have a discipline problem and you cant blame any one player. Whatever the reason, i dont think this AD will be tolerant and with a new QB and tailback coming in next year and the loss of even more key D personnel like Serge, life on the bluff could be tougher yet. I will be there, I'm a lifer but I hope to see the rest of the staff as well.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Gone Fishing

412 Express
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, November 16, 10:48:16am

Duke-Ive always been a little critical of Patterson. He is a great athlete and is a playmaker no doubt, but he lacks the vision and pocket presence that a good QB needs to have. It was most evident to me last year when our O-line was as solid as I've ever seen it, he would drop back to pass and continuously break the pocket and scramble when he had more than enough time to stand tall and make the throw. I was only able to see a few games but those were my main observations. Granted, he made a lot of plays with his feet doing that, but in the close games it hurt us. The O-line this year is much better than I thought it would be they have done a great job, but Sean again repeatedly flees the pocket.

I'm excited to see what this new QB from montour can do. I've heard he is a pro-style gunslinger!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.