VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]
Subject: NEW RIVERHOUNDS STADIUM

Author:
Coffee
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, November 30, 11:20:03pm

I know that the University just sunk some money into Rooney to add bathrooms but man, the team really should consider playing its home games at the new Riverhounds Highmark Stadium. It has more seats and looks like a real Division I-AA (FBS) Stadium.

Had The University had the forsight to make their bleachers a bit higher to get the feel of a field at least in the same"ballpark" as a AA high school field, I'd say stay at Rooney. Playing at Highmark Stadium would be an attraction to help recruiting rather than a drag. I'll never forget the first time I saw the new Rooney. Marshall was in to play soccer and they were really ripping it.

See the new field at: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/11/29/riverhounds-hope-new-stadium-makes-pittsburgh-a-soccer-town/

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: NEW RIVERHOUNDS STADIUM

Author:
Duke Nukem
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, November 30, 11:23:33pm

Agreed Coffee... The field would draw more fans, help recruiting and be a real treat to watch a game at. Can you imagine a game broadcast nationally from there with that backdrop?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: NEW RIVERHOUNDS STADIUM

Author:
Me
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, December 10, 01:17:49pm

Interesting article. I had no idea that this was being built and I work in Downtown.

http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/29/a-new-stadium-in-pittsburgh/

Also, I have read where they could expand the stadium to fit 18,500 and an MLS franchise if warranted.

Back on topic, I remember the days of DU football at South Stadium. Dismal attendance. In the D3 years. As sad as Rooney Field is, moving it off campus even to a nice facility as this Highmark Field seems to be, would not work IMO.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.